Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » Strike threat as Croke Park deal collapses (16-04-2013)
- » 24-hour ED waits deemed serious incidents (19-03-2013)
- » Shock rise in hospital waiting lists (14-03-2013)
- » One-fifth of health budget cut since 2008 (07-03-2013)
- » Limerick has longest outpatient waits (25-02-2013)
- » Probe finds major flaws in foster care (21-02-2013)
- » New hospital funding system next year (15-02-2013)
- » Savita probe says abortion was needed (13-02-2013)
- » HSE's concerns on funding CF drug (02-02-2013)
- » Waiting lists down by 40% in 2012 (23-01-2013)
- » Primary care takes major hit in HSE plan (10-01-2013)
- » ED trolley crisis returns (10-01-2013)
- » Child patients sharing EDs with adults (08-01-2013)
- » Fee cut may lead to GP waiting lists (17-12-2012)
- » Many will lose medical card entitlement (07-12-2012)
- » More medical card cuts on the way (05-12-2012)
- » Minister disputes nurse staffing claims (29-11-2012)
- » HSE probe set to go ahead (22-11-2012)
- » Galway staff included in Savita probe (19-11-2012)
- » Diabetes care 'in crisis' (09-11-2012)
- » Temple St Hospital is 140 years old (08-11-2012)
- » Bookies tip St James's for kids' hospital (05-11-2012)
- » IHCA members 'in favour of LRC deal' (01-11-2012)
- » Progress made on waiting lists (23-10-2012)
- » Treatment waiting lists fall (21-09-2012)
- » HSE deficit grows further (20-09-2012)
- » €750m health cuts in 2013 - consultant deal (18-09-2012)
- » Consultant talks go past deadline (17-09-2012)
- » Minister blames HSE for cuts (07-09-2012)
- » Waiting list fund is cut to ease deficit (06-09-2012)
- » Reilly didn't approve cuts - CEO (31-08-2012)
- » Massive HSE cuts announced (30-08-2012)
- » Safety fears over hospital cuts (28-08-2012)
- » Public unimpressed with Reilly's record (24-08-2012)
- » New head of HSE announced (27-07-2012)
- » HSE top tier may remain in revamp (27-07-2012)
- » New HSE structures will only last two years (18-07-2012)
- » HSE chief to quit (18-07-2012)
- » €45m could be saved in increments (28-06-2012)
- » Reilly rules out staff pay cuts (27-06-2012)
- » '350,000 on outpatient lists' (21-06-2012)
- » Blueprint outlines major ED revamp (19-06-2012)
- » Child and outpatient waits up (19-06-2012)
- » Patients wait six years to see consultant (18-06-2012)
- » Public patients get better scan access (15-06-2012)
- » HSE facing €500 million deficit (14-06-2012)
- » ED patients being treated on floor (07-06-2012)
- » Tallaght - unsafe ED caused patient death (17-05-2012)
- » Many no longer visiting dentist - survey (01-05-2012)
- » Minister's expert to get nearly €½m (19-04-2012)
Below are the general comments about Shanakiel Hospital as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
Listing 1 to 13 of 13 comments.
I was told the procedure would be explained to me prior to it taking place. It was not. The surgeon told me he would call in to discuss the results with me as soon as the biopsy results were available, i.e. 7 - 10 days. The only communication I have had since (nearly two months on) is repeated phone calls from the endoscopy department of the hospital for me to book an two further tests recommended by the surgeon. With each phone call, I was told that the results of the first procedure would be discussed with me when I went for the subsequent procedures. After 6 weeks, I wrote an angry letter threatening to tell my health insurer of the hospital's failure to deliver my results. Several days later, I got a letter back saying the results had been sent to my GP. Patient definitely not a priority here :-(
|This user's rating:||48%|
|This user's rating:||80%|
The doctors' manner very bad. Had two procedures done in my knee. Still not right.
|This user's rating:||41%|
The doctor I had was not very nice to me. His manner and attitude was very bad and he did not explain to me properly after the operation what he did to me.
|This user's rating:||54%|
Felt like I was in a 5 star hotel I was treated so well, staff were lovely-would definitely recommend this hospital to others.
|This user's rating:||99%|
Overall I would rate this hospital excellent-the nursing staff were outstanding, the kitchen staff very pleasant. Waiting time was miminal. Preparation and information regarding the procedure I was having was excellent and I would certainly return.
|This user's rating:||98%|
Absolutely disgusted with my treatment of me. The consultant didn't believe I was in pain and in fact had damage to my joints and sent a psychiatrist to talk to me.
|This user's rating:||66%|
Excellent nursing care
|This user's rating:||95%|
As a patient attending a private hospital I didn't expect to be waiting 50 mins before seeing the administrator and to be admitted.
|This user's rating:||70%|
This is an excellent hospital. The only draw back was having to attend another hospital for tests. The doctors, nurses and housekeeping staff were superb.
|This user's rating:||94%|
All the staff- receptionists,ward attendants,theatre staff, nurses and doctors were outstanding.I would highly recommend Shanakiel Hospital.
|This user's rating:||99%|
This hospital should never be visited by elderly patients. My mother was assessed for a particular treatment. The doctor in question proceeded to outline, in my mother's hearing (she was 100% compus mentis) every negative aspect of her health. Her treatment was abominable, right from the moment of arrival when it was seen that she was wheel-chair bound. My mother left that place in a state of depression from which she never recovered.
|This user's rating:||29%|
I was only in for tests. Most of which were carried out in the Bons anyway, so every day I had to walk or get a taxi to the Bons
|This user's rating:||68%|