Eczema, asthma gene discovery

9 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

Anonymous  ·  24 Jun 2006
well my doctor told me about it. My eczema is really annoying and I hate when people stare at it. It is all over my hands some people thought I had A.I.D.S

1 Posts

Anna (BQN44863)  ·  05 Apr 2006
I heard that concentrate whey is supposed to help . I have a daughter who suffers from what I think is mild ezcema. Has anyone tried this with good results ?

Anonymous  ·  28 Mar 2006
Does this mean that the new mutant gene is the sole cause of eczema and not food or enviornmental allergies?

3 Posts

marie  ·  22 Mar 2006
I'd be interested to know if there's ben any research regarding occupational risks and eczema flareups. I.e. are there particular chemicals that may be able to enter the blood stream more easily?

Anonymous  ·  22 Mar 2006
good question regarding psoriasis,my husband is a sufferer and i know it would mean so much to him if a cure was found, no more covering up!

1 Posts

Colm (TOW17477)  ·  22 Mar 2006
It is great to hear about this development. It ertainly gives grea hope to people with eczema. Could anyone explain the implications, if any, for people with psoriasis Plese?

Heard a radio article about this yesterday morning. Had no idea it was gene related.

do you know would the same gene be connected to psoarisis

1 Posts

Joan (SPV29533)  ·  22 Mar 2006
It would be interesting to know if any research in this area involved adults with eczema. As someone who has had eczema since childhood, for fifty years, I would be very pleased to be involved in such a programme