Itchy Nipples

5 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

2 Posts

Di  ·  14 Apr 2006
As a chronic adult eczema sufferer, I can say that nipple eczema is related to stress. I have discovered an oxygenated olive oil cream which promotes fast healing. However, if infected, bactroban ointment is the best bet. Don't wear bra's during this period!

Anonymous  ·  20 Mar 2006
Hi,in the last few months i have discovered that my nipples get sore and itchy about 4 days after ovulation,can anyone give me advise as im worried.

Anonymous  ·  13 Apr 2005
She could try Weleda's Calendula and Hypericum ointment (from health shops and some pharmacies) which is a good all-purpose antiseptic and soothing herbal cream. Midwives recommend it for sore, cracked nipples in breastfeeding women. If that fails, then your GP can prescribe an antibiotic/steroid preparation after examining your daughter

Anonymous  ·  12 Apr 2005
I have a fifteen year old daughter who has a very inflamed cracked & oozing nipple. She suffers from eczema and is probably stressed due to her Junior cert exam approaching. What can she use to ease the pain & itch?

Anonymous  ·  17 Aug 2004
Hi there,
I'm a 29 year old female. About 6 weeks I developed itchy breasts particularly around the nipple area. I did go to my doctor who said it may be excema. I treated it as such with a cortozone cream that he prescribed. all was well for a while, but its flaired up again. My nipples are quite sore and cracked. Can anyone help??