BreastCheck

13 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

Anonymous  ·  22 Oct 2008
I had a very sore breast for about 2 months. I went to my doctor and he referred to the the hospital breast clinic. They sent me an appointment for December which was 4 months away.
I then went to a private hospital and had a mammogram and an ultrasound and found I had a lump. The Doctor referred me back to my hospital for a biopsy as she said I should not have to pay for it. She sent me a letter saying there was an appointment made for the biopsy there.
I have been ringing them every week for a month and they keep saying they do not have one. I am thinking of going private again for the biopsy and just hope it not malignant. I would hate to be depending on them for cancer treatment.

Anonymous  ·  03 Jul 2007
Fil, your doctor can refer you for a mammogram at any age if there is cause for concern.

Anonymous  ·  02 Jul 2007
I'm only 27 and I've just found a lump approx 2cm. I have a strong family history of breast cancer. I think the current Breastcheck age group is an absolute disgrace.It should be available to women of all ages.I'm really scared and very worried as I'm a single mum and have a 3yr old girl to think about.

Anonymous  ·  29 Mar 2007
You can fill out online petition asking for BreastCheck to be extended at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/051/petition.html

Anonymous  ·  21 Jul 2006
I think all us women should demand screening for all ages.I have lost 3 family members to breast cancer the OLDEST being 47.
There have also been 5 women on my road under48 who have all had a breast removed.Its getting scary

Anonymous  ·  31 May 2006
Anon, see your GP

Anonymous  ·  31 May 2006
how big is a lump i found a pee sise lump should i worrie

Anonymous  ·  03 Jun 2004
With that kind of hostory in your family and given your age braket, I would definitely go provate if I were you. The wait is much shorter.

Anonymous  ·  02 Jun 2004
a close relative has just had both breasts removed. I am over 50 and my doctor ordered a priority mammogram. I got an appointment for nov 2005.

Anonymous  ·  31 May 2004
I've just found a lump in my breast. I'm 25. I will be visiting the doctor in the next few days but I certainly think screening should be available for all women of any age.

Anonymous  ·  26 May 2004
Just to let you know breast check is not available yet in the western health board area even though the ambulance this service was made available to them through voluntary contributions and fundraising

Why aren't woen 40 - 49 being screened too. Afterall, breast cancer does occur in these age groups too and early detection is vital.

Personally I think that this screening should be expanded to women of all ages especiall those with a history of breast cancer in their family.