Sun beds can cause cancer, accelerate ageing

8 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

Anonymous  ·  22 Apr 2005
in fact im only after coming of the sunbed their now, i was on it for 30 minutes. i go on it for 30 minutes or more everyday :) and i have it out for 5 weeks :)

Anonymous  ·  22 Apr 2005
Im 14 and have been using sunbeds since i was 12. I think white pasty skin is disgusting and so unattractive, thats my opinion anyway. And who cares? We could go out and get knocked down by a car and die tomorrow, atleast we will die with a nice tan :D i dont think there is a point wasting your life being boring and safe! get out there and hav a laugh!!!!

Anonymous  ·  14 May 2004
As a child in the UK, I was sent for sun ray treatment every week for two years. Every week I would come home red and sore. This was not for any skin complaint but because I was considered to be a bit underweight and sickly. I can find no reports or statistics on the many children who underwent this treatment. As young people are no longer allowed to use even the new, safer sun beds, surely there must have been some element of risk, but no-one in the medical profession seems to have any idea of how this treatment may have affected the long term health of the children. Does anyone have any information or views on the long term use of Ultra Violet light on young children?

Anonymous  ·  30 Jul 2003
So what is the safe way to tan then??

Anonymous  ·  30 Jul 2003
Vanity!!! Sad to see people need a base tan before going on hols. Personaly wouldn't go near them.(Beds or wrinklys)

145 Posts

alan (grehound)  ·  28 Jul 2003
I would like to know why we are only getting some imformation about the dangers of sunbeds now? Is it because of the large amount of money that can be made from the sunbeds, Or is it that some of us are so reckless that we dont want to know or that we dont care.

Anonymous  ·  23 Jul 2003
what do the readers think of people who use a sunbed regularly, and also use anti-aging creams ??

Anonymous  ·  23 Jul 2003
Would it be in the event of overusage of sunbeds that causes skin cancer.

Many thanks