Video
Immunisation
Tracker
Rate My
Hospital
Welcome to irishhealth.com (16 Apr, 2014) Quickfind

The Pill

<- Prev Page
Total Messages: 72    Latest post on: 15/04/2013 23:51     Page 2 of 2   First Post
Sort Postings: Newest First Oldest First
Anonymous

# 32

Posted: 16/10/2004 17:18

I was a bit alarmed when I read msg by Anonymous 05/01/04 who got pregnant even after taking Levonelle. It IS meant to be taken as a single dose of 2 tablets, isn't it, with no need of further dose 12 hours later? as opposed to other MAPs I have read about. And does anyone know just how disruptive it is to menstrual cycle? I took it on the Tuesday, had intercourse (with condom and it was safe) on the Friday night (this is just about OK'd in the leaflet), and periods began on the Sunday and lasted til Thur a.m. I know in the leaflet it says periods could be a little earlier or later but they started a WEEK earlier! is this normal? now they're due again and I'm crossing my fingers. I wonder if I hadn't had intercourse would they still have started so soon, in hindsight I complicated things for myself. I know I am hopelessly naive. Could someone please tell me about their experience of taking Levonelle. I had very few side effects, a little tiredness, no nausea, I expected a lot more!

Anonymous

# 31

Posted: 14/09/2004 10:24

The pill can sometimes help to improve your skin - so there is a chance that the 2 are related, ie. when you came off your pill, that your skin might react.

Anonymous

# 30

Posted: 14/09/2004 09:53

Came off the Pill (microlite) in march and over the last 2 months,ihave notices a huge deterioration in my skin.Getting spots and blocked pores on my face and even on my back.Could the two be related?Any suggestions?

Anonymous

# 29

Posted: 09/09/2004 09:37

i just started taking Ovranette and have a bad headache,would it be safe to take disprin?

Anonymous

# 28

Posted: 09/07/2004 15:24

E172 IS BANNED IN GERMANY !!

Anonymous

# 27

Posted: 09/07/2004 14:24

The chemist and maker would say that

Anonymous

# 26

Posted: 09/07/2004 14:23

Ovranette is not the same
One tablet of Ovranette contains 150 micrograms Levonorgestrel and 30 micrograms Ethinylestradiol Microgynon 30 has a different doseage 0.15 mg Levonorgestrel and 0.03 mg of Ethinylestradiol Ovranette also contains e172 and lactose and sucrose Also if the SAME why does it not cost the same ?!?

Anonymous

# 25

Posted: 08/07/2004 12:23

Ovranette is the exact same as microgynon. I checked with the chemist & the manufacturers.

Anonymous

# 24

Posted: 08/07/2004 10:35

Chemists are saying that they can not get Microgynon 30 anymore and that Ovranette is the same yet I get severe headaches on Ovranette and no side effects from Microgynon I have heard that the reason Microgynon 30 is not available is because it is the least expensive Why are the Irish always been taken for a ride ????

Anonymous

# 23

Posted: 26/05/2004 20:26

i was prescribed Dianette by my GP as i have very spot prone skin. however, I found with it that I lost all interest in sex, had pains in my leg and became very moody. Plus I bled all through the first month even though i was taking it at the exact time every day, so i came off it. It just dosen't agree with everybody. I think its important for many of you who have just started taking the pill to know that you can still get pregnant. So using condoms until your body has adjusted to your presribed pill as a must!!

Anonymous

# 22

Posted: 22/08/2003 11:28

Someone was asking about the morningafter pill - there is a new one now called Levonelle, which is suppossed to be better than the old one. doesn't make you as sick, & might be more effective. My Gp gave it to me about 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous

# 21

Posted: 31/07/2003 21:23

any advice on the morning after pill??

Anonymous

# 20

Posted: 15/07/2003 11:00

has anyone been using dianette lately? my doctor prescribed it as i have alot of body hair, but ifind myself nauseaus alot of the time and feeling sick and disorientated. I'm not changing as i have only just started but can anyone tell me if this passes? or do i have to either be permanently sick or hairy?

Anonymous

# 19

Posted: 07/07/2003 16:10

Have the people who mention weight gain on microlite experienced wieght gain on other pills. I have been on microgynan for 7 years and am not aware of any weight gain i.e. if I came off it I may loose weight. I have heard that microgynan cannot be got in chemists right now. If i change to microlite will I experience weight gain, considering I didn't on microgynan.

Anonymous

# 18

Posted: 02/07/2003 10:12

Are there certain pills which are more likely to cause an increase in breast size?? Are these also prone to causing weight gain

Anonymous

# 17

Posted: 26/06/2003 15:19

I have just gone back on the pill after a break of a couple of months, i got my period when I still had 5 pills left to take, not only that but its day 10 and I still have it and its still heavy, is this normal??

Anonymous

# 16

Posted: 17/06/2003 20:36

my daughter is 15 and she is on the pill but she is not fully formed, will this stunt or have any effect on her growth?

Anonymous

# 15

Posted: 17/06/2003 20:04

can i take the pill for two months in a row and it will stop you period i have heard this i would like to stop my period to go on holiday

Anonymous

# 14

Posted: 15/04/2003 15:19

i have been on microlite for just over two years and in that time id say ive put on only a few pounds which could have gone on anyway. in the response to trying yasmin anyone ive known who has gone on it have had to come off due to awful mood swings.

Anonymous

# 13

Posted: 08/04/2003 19:57

I have been taking Microlite for about 6 months now and have seen a significant increase in weight, My doctor prescribed it for Acne as Dianette was giving me migranes, now my acne has returned, any suggestions !!!

Anonymous

# 12

Posted: 05/04/2003 15:21

re: Anonymous Posted: 22/01/2003 16:07, Microlite DOES cause weight gain and while you stay on the pill you will find it extremely hard to even shift a pound of weight. You will find that when you stop taking the pill within 3-4 months you will notice a huge difference in your appetite and will find that you can loose weight much quicker off the microlite pill. Depending on how much excercise you do and what your diet is like will depend on how much weight you loose, If you do come off microlite try using KELP tablets. You can get them in a health store. Kelp tablets will help your metabolism and on a calorie control diet your body will be able to process the fat much easier and therefore result in weight loss. It worked wonders for me I lost a stone of weight in just two weeks after coming of microlite and using kelp tablets everyday the weight practically fell off and that was without goin to a gym!, I had spent a year trying to lose weight while on microlite. They make people feel hungrier and make you put on weight at an alarming rate. My suggestion would be to get off microlite as soon as possible!.

Anonymous

# 11

Posted: 25/03/2003 17:44

i just started microgynon 30 and i find i have no energy but i heard that a vitamin b complex whilst on the pill will help big time,why didn,t my doctor tell me this ?.

Anonymous

# 10

Posted: 22/01/2003 16:07

i have been on microlite for the last year. i was always quite heavy and i was 11 stone when i started and now i am nearly 15. i do exercise and diet but still its not coming off. would that be due to the pill?

Anonymous

# 9

Posted: 03/01/2003 22:08

I was told any antibiotics DO affect your coverage of the pill. On the coming off the pill, it is recommended that you wait 3 months min before trying to become pregnant to give your body a change to return to a pillfree state, you may also have 2 periods close together a pill period and real period, I had painful periods before the pill so when I came off it I KNEW when it was the real deal and not a pill period. As with all things pill related, when in doubt use backup protection and ask your GP's advice, better safe than uncertain

Anonymous

# 8

Posted: 17/12/2002 21:00

i am on microlite but was in hospital last month with glandular fever. i am still taking penbritin antibiotics. does anyone know if this will react with the pill? am i still protected?

Anonymous

# 7

Posted: 05/11/2002 10:55

I weighed twelve stone before going on Microlite. In a year I went up to seventeen stone and could not shift the weight through diet nd excercise. I changed to the pill Yasmin and in six months lost two stone. I still ahve a long way to go but its alot easier with the different pill.

Anonymous

# 6

Posted: 28/07/2002 23:17

Does Microlite cause weight gain?

Anonymous

# 5

Posted: 23/07/2002 19:43

Are there any other side effects when you come off the pill??

Anonymous

# 4

Posted: 22/11/2001 10:45

When you stop the Pill, your own hormones come into action usually immediately, so the first period after you stop, is a "real" period.
This also means that you can get pregnant as soon as you stop the pill.

Anonymous

# 3

Posted: 07/11/2001 15:57

How long does it take for your "true period" to resume when you come off the pill.

Anonymous

# 2

Posted: 01/10/2001 15:57

When deciding to go on the Pill for the first time, what information does the doctor need from you, & what kind of examination is necessary?

Anonymous

# 1

Posted: 19/09/2001 21:47

If when you take your seven day break you get a 'withdrawl bleed' as opposed to a 'period', is it therefore not possible to have a 'withdrawl bleed' and be pregnant? How would you know if you were pregnant?

Return to Topics
 Main Discussion Page
This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved. We subscribe to the principles of the Health On the Net Foundation