4667 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

41 Posts

Nikkig  ·  09 Oct 2017

Also Massive Congrats Busy Bee 💙

41 Posts

Nikkig  ·  09 Oct 2017

Hi ladies, its been so long since I was on here, been dealing with my losses 💔 going onto my third transfer now, started prepping for my lining on cd12 normally I start oncd3 im staying cautiously optimistic. Hows everyone doing? Many Congrats First Lady, and Mc Dublin I cant believe your baby is in a walker already 😱 where has the time gone?

2 Posts

rsaunders  ·  27 Sep 2017

Has anyone any experiences with www.repromed.ie or www.sims.ie?

2 Posts

rsaunders  ·  27 Sep 2017

Wonderful news First lady!

52 Posts

Mcdublin  ·  21 Sep 2017

First Lady a huge congratulations to you. What wonderful news. Have a wonderful pregnancy and take it easy. On the home front my little princess is 7 mths already. The time has flown by. She's sitting up now, crawling a little but flys around in her walker. She has brought so much happiness. I wish you all luck on this rollercoaster ride. Fairy dust to all

220 Posts

Milly  ·  20 Sep 2017

Fantastic news First Lasy, delighted for you!! Mind yourself now!

17 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  20 Sep 2017

First Lady, I am so thrilled for you!!! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you and little baby. God bless doll xx

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  19 Sep 2017

Hello ladies, some good news I am pregnant and had 6 week scan today and all is fine with the baby so far and as it should be we even had a heart beat! We are thrilled. Please God it all goes to plan now. What a rollercoaster thanks everyone for your kind words and motivation through the process. For me I think the acupuncture definitely helped even just to calm the mind and make me relax enough to allow implantation to occur. Baby dust to all you ladies x 

1 Posts

Overwhelmed lady  ·  28 Aug 2017

Hi ladies,I'm new to this and wanted to maybe hear some success or what to expect stories.Im 36 and TTC since January but knew I wasn't ovulating and went on clomid for 6 months,then femara for 3 months while waiting a clinic appointment. Opk  showed a lh surge every month and blood progestorone levels indicated I ovulated. Went to fertility clinic to hear I have 2 follicles on my right ovary and 8 on my left.AMH came back at 1.88pmol/ml do they suggest straight to ivf. Mind is going mad with worry. A

17 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  27 Aug 2017

Thanks ladies xx

Best of luck First Lady. Please God you get your BFP

Bizzybee - congrats on arrival of your baby boy!! So thrilled for you and such an inspiring positive story. 

53 Posts

fairykisses2  ·  25 Aug 2017

Bizzy So so delighted on your news. I cried!!

Mamy many congratulations, and have a wonderful time xxxxxx

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  24 Aug 2017

So we had a 5 cell and 7 cell embryos transferred today fingers crossed no harm in remaining positive I suppose! It only takes 1 good one x 

52 Posts

Mcdublin  ·  23 Aug 2017

Bizzybee what wonderful news. Congratulations and enjoy every minute 

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  23 Aug 2017

Bizzybee congrats so delighted for you a baby boy how wonderful enjoy every moment it was a long road for you.

AFM - So of my 10 eggs 6 were mature and of that 5 fertilised normally. Hoping to have day 3 transfer tmw have acupuncture planned before and after the event. Fingers crossed. 

220 Posts

Milly  ·  23 Aug 2017

OMG Bizzybee, that has just made my day. Having been through a lot of the journey at the same time as you, this is just the best news, congrats and enjoy every second!! Thanks for letting us know. i hope the emergency c section wasnt too traumatic and you are recovering well.

Hopefull17, really sorry to hear it didn’t work out this time but you’ve the right attitude, onwards and upwards, it’s the only way. I hope you are coming to a decision on plan b, you always need to have one.

First lady, I hope your little embies are coming along nicely and a transfer is in sight. I did Acupuncture as well and I really think it helped.

Agree with Bizzybee, I took D3 and B12 as well.

Chahra, how are you getting on. We also did PGS testing and I really think it was worthwhile, at least you knew what you were transferring was viable. Did you transfer yet?

AFM, 26 weeks now, and all going well. A little tired and getting bigger but that’s all good! 

205 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  23 Aug 2017

Hi all

Just a quick update. Our little miracle rainbow baby boy arrived safely via emergency section a week over due. He's now almost 3 weeks old and we're still looking at him in amazement that we managed to create him naturally. Don't give up ladies. It can and does happen.

Hopeful17 - so sorry to hear you lost your little embies. It must of been heartbreaking after all you've been through. Best of luck with plan B.

Firstlady - fingers and toes crossed for you. 

BTW - saw on tv recently that vitamin b3 has been found to reduce miscarriages so get your vitamins into you girls. I took b12  an d3 during whole pregnancy.

Me 41, DH 41. TTC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. 1st IVF Sept 2012. Couldn\'t progress - bad swelling/pain after ER. Natural pregnancy Jan 2013. Early MC. Failed FET May. Failed fresh cycle Oct 2013 :-( Stopped FET, April 2014 (HRT problems). Natural FET June/July 2014 - stopped, follicles didn\'t grow to right size. Natural FET July/Aug - Pregnant for 1 week :-(. Fresh Antagonist Cycle, Aug 15 - BFP 12dp5dt - Miscarried at 22 weeks :-( Failed natural FET June 2016. Failed HRT cycle Sept 2016. Natural pregnancy Nov 2016.

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  21 Aug 2017

Hello quick update 10 eggs collected clinic will know do icsi. I'm on bed rest only ever had 5-6 eggs max before so thinking acupuncture did the trick. Please God all fertilise by tmw. Its nail biting. 

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  19 Aug 2017

Hopefully2017 I'm so sorry to hear your news 4 cycles is tough going make sure to mind yourself. Good to hear you have a plan B we all need that to keep us going. Sending you lots of love, your in my thoughts last few days x 

17 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  15 Aug 2017

Hey ladies. Just an update from me.

Went through 4th ivf, got to day 5 to be told by clinic they want to wait until day 6. Day 6 came but the 2 embryos didn't make it so cycle canceled. 😢

Gutted of course but onto plan B - either ARGC or DE.

Hope all is well with every one xx

9 Posts

Chahra  ·  10 Aug 2017

Hi ladies 

Just wanted to let you know that I got my pgs results this morning and we have 4 normal out of 8.

hope everyone is doing well here 

17 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  01 Aug 2017

Thanks Milly and Bizzybee xx - great to have support from you all.

First Lady, Chahra - best of luck x. 

I just finished 4 days of Gonal F. Rest of stims on Menopur & Centrotide, never used these drugs before. Only that it's my 4th time at this I'm sure it would be very daunting using these drugs. For whatever reason I'm much more relaxed on this cycle - I think all this BFN's have worn me down. I'd say EC will be around Aug 10th - I've always gotten as far as EC, fertilisation and ET but never get as far as testing. Please God this time - never giving up is my mantra now.

Hope all is going well with everyone here. XX

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  31 Jul 2017

Hello 

Just a quick update, started burselin injection on the 29th July. Doing acupuncture for last 6 weeks. Took some herbs but clinic said to stop so eating well drinking loads of water, off dairy products as much as possible also taking pregnacare vits and probiotics as I get really poorly in my tummy from all the hormones. I've also lost some weight so back to size 12. Just trying to be at the same point I was 4 years ago when I did my first Ivf and got pregnant. Anyone ever took probiotics during Ivf? 

Down reg scan 9th August. Hopefully will have lots of follicles that day. Will be stimulated with max dose of menopur 450ui. I'm a poor responder. Hopefully we get to egg collection. Just trying to stay calm take as much time off work as possible to stay calm. My daughter is 3 now she keeps me busy thank God. 

Love to everyone delighted so many of ye are pregnant or had babies Ivf is worth it don't ever give up x 

220 Posts

Milly  ·  24 Jul 2017

Hi everyone

Bizzybee I can’t believe you are on leave already, its been such a long road and you are almost there, how exciting! Best of luck and We’ll all be waiting for the good news!

Chahra, how did you get on?

LadyB, like Bizzybee, I have been here too long, I can’t believe your little one is 2! Great fun these days I’d say. Good luck on the build up to Sept!

Little miracle, right behind you, 21 weeks last Fri and had the 20 week scan last week too, so all good, relief again!

Anon, I hope all is going well with your new arrival! Time to focus on getting yourself better now.

Hopefull17, I really hope this is your time, persistence will hopefully pay off for you too. Just to say during the 2ww, I felt absolutely the same on all my BFNs as I did when I got a BFP so try not to over analyse everything, easy said I know, I googled and read all the same stuff multiple times but it really doesn’t help, everyone is different. Anyway best of luck!

205 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  24 Jul 2017

Hopefull17 - I did put a post up last week but it doesn't seem to have got posted.  The best of luck with your next cycle. Hopefully this one will be THE one.  Fingers and toes crossed for you.  X

Me 41, DH 41. TTC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. 1st IVF Sept 2012. Couldn\'t progress - bad swelling/pain after ER. Natural pregnancy Jan 2013. Early MC. Failed FET May. Failed fresh cycle Oct 2013 :-( Stopped FET, April 2014 (HRT problems). Natural FET June/July 2014 - stopped, follicles didn\'t grow to right size. Natural FET July/Aug - Pregnant for 1 week :-(. Fresh Antagonist Cycle, Aug 15 - BFP 12dp5dt - Miscarried at 22 weeks :-( Failed natural FET June 2016. Failed HRT cycle Sept 2016. Natural pregnancy Nov 2016.

205 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  20 Jul 2017

The best of luck Hopefull17. I hope this time is your time.  Will be thinking of you x

17 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  20 Jul 2017

Hey ladies

It's great to hear all the good news stories.

Anon - hope you are doing well doll.

AFM - going for 4th ivf, starting end of this month. I took a 6 month break since last 1. Took new vitamins, upped my game on diet, changed acupuncturist, changed clinic so please God this is our time. 🙏🏼

Had a small melt down during the week at the news of a friend who announced her pregnancy - really delighted for her but just a reminder of how far away my dream seems. Anyway, say a prayer this works out for us.

Hope all is going well with others going through this journey xx

205 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  18 Jul 2017

Hi All,

Sorry that I've been missing in action. I've only just started my maternity leave and can find the energy to put a post together!

Baby is due next week - eek! Never thought I'd be saying that. It's been an ok pregnancy (for the most part). Looking forward to the end result now though (and a little nervous!) as this little bundle is getting heavy.

Chahra-10 eggs is a great result. I hope you get some good news today on how they have progressed.

LadyB - I can't believe your little one is 2 now! I've been on this forum WAY too long!!  The very best of luck this September.  I hope you get your no. 2 miracle.

Little Miracle - So happy to hear all is going well for you. I know exactly how you've been feeling as we were exactly the same. It's such a nerve-wrecking time when you've been through as much as we have.  Keep up the positivity and the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Anon - Huge congratulations to you and your little 'un.  I'm so happy for you after what you've been through.  You are made of strong stuff girlie and we all believe you can also get through this cancer treatment too.  Wishing you all the best and if you are well and able, keep us posted.

First Lady - The very best of luck with your cycle this month.  I didn't take pregnacare vitamins (gave me constipation) but instead took vitamin D and B12 every day for the whole of this pregnancy (and months beforehand).  I also took folic acid up to the 3 month mark.  I don't know if this helped us get naturally pregnancy this time around but I have read other people getting pregnant naturally and mentioning Vitamin D. Could be something in it, who knows?? Everyone is different I suppose but one thing is for sure and that is we're not getting enough vitamin D in Ireland.

Milly - How are you doing?  Hope the pregnancy is still going well for you.  Have you started to believe yet? I don't think we did until about 26 weeks! Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

McDublin - Delighted to hear your little one is doing great. It's been a long road for many of us here and it just shows you there is hope for everyone. We had finished our IVF journey and got pregnant naturally (straight after a failed FET). You couldn't make these things up. Best wishes to you and your new family!

Hello and baby dust to everyone else xx

9 Posts

Chahra  ·  15 Jul 2017

Hi ladies 

thanks to everyone who asked about me and wish me good luck. 

Egg collection was yesterday   10 eggs and few small

They used half Icsi, half ivf :) will see what will happen on Monday. Pgs results after 2 weeks 🙌🏻 I can't wait 😩 Good luck to everyone 

43 Posts

LadyB  ·  05 Jul 2017

Hi everyone! 

It's been a while since I've been on! My little miracle was 2 in May, what a joy 😊 . We had a failed cycle again in September with no embryos to continue. We have since been advised to go with a sperm donor so in the process of picking a donor and hoping to cycle again this September. Anyone used or using a sperm donor? I see there's a lot of good news on here now xx

I'm 36 dh 37. Diagnosed with diminishing ovarian reserve, FSH 8. Husband diagnosed with CBAVD (no tubes) BFP following FET. Vanishing twin but still pregnant with one lil miracle and due on May 9th. Little miracle now 2! Trying again for a sibling ❤❤

23 Posts

Little Miracle  ·  03 Jul 2017

Hi Ladies Smile

Anon - I am sending you the biggest hug. I am so thrilled to hear of the arrival of your little prince. This is such great news to hear!! You have been through such a tough time, just want to wish you the very best for your treatment. As you say, we are all so much stronger than we think. Keep well and let us know how you and your little man are doing! Also, I’m hoping your friend is doing well and had positive results.

Milly – so happy to hear you are doing well and now at 18 weeks it’s definitely real for sure. I am just 3 weeks ahead of you and feel exactly the same, I pinch myself every day and take nothing for granted.

First lady – sending you baby dust for this month!!

Chahra – the very best of luck for this month, waiting for the screening results is always hard too. Fingers crossed

AFM – I am 21 weeks this week, still cant believe it (after 4 failed IVFs last year). Everything looked good last week on 20 week scan. Praying every day for the coming months and for all you ladies too. Stay positive xx

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  02 Jul 2017

Hi Milly,

This is great advice. I like it everything in moderation. Ok I thought this herbs busy was crazy so good to know others have tried it too. 

Anon - major congrats I'm thrilled for you on the birth of your baby although I know the cancer diagnosis must have been so crazy. I had cancer too in the past so can relate to what you say. Mind yourself and I will say a little prayer xxx 

220 Posts

Milly  ·  30 Jun 2017

Anon, that is just fantastic news, congrats to you!! And wow at 8lbs 9, there was no harm coming early! The very best of luck with your chemo, I’m sure it won’t be easy with a newborn, but still, he will keep you positive!

FirstLady, I also did accupunture once a week and found it good. She also gave me herbs which I was a little cynical about but I took them anyway, and they obviously didn’t do any harm. My only advice would be everything in moderation and try and carry on as normal as possible, otherwise you will just stress yourself out. I did go off dairy for a previous cycle but I didn’t this time, if anything I had more, drinking a glass of milk with my lunch every day. Just do what you feel works for you, everyone is different.

9 Posts

Chahra  ·  30 Jun 2017

Hi everyone

Anon :( I am very sorry to hear that. You battled IVF and I'm sure you can do it with cancer and you ll be well very soon. On the other hand you have your little miracle congrats you are a very strong lady. 

ivf: today I took the last pill of Northisterone so I will bleed within 3-5 days and then start my protocol ( it is short protocol), the collection will be around the middle of July 🙀  I am very scared this is my third round :(. the transfer will be after screening so maybe after one or two months. Good luck everyone please pray for me. 

109 Posts

Anon.  ·  28 Jun 2017

Hi Everyone 

Hope you're all keeping well. I haven't been on in a couple of months and I was so thrilled to log in tonight and find so many happy stories!  This is our year so hang on in thete all of you who havent got your BFP yet. It WILL happen xx 

AFM.. our beautiful son was born by c section on May 26th ..4wks early but this was elective as my oncologist was eager to get me recovered from my c section so I coukd start my dreaded chemo :( he was 8lbs 9.5ozs all the same and is now almost 5wks an thriving thank god. 

If there's ever living proof required of 'What doesn't kill you makes you stron get then I'm it' !! I never thought I'd face anything worse than IVF battle but then a cancer diagnosis during pregnancy!! Just shows we're made of strong strong stuff ladies so please keep positive and allow your mind to control your body xxx

Age 38, one child aged 4 natural pregnancy after 2years, two failed IUI in 2016 followed by one failed IVF. Got BFP in Oct 2016 from 2nd IVF . Diagnosed with breast cancer @20wks pregnant, had lumpectomy @25wks (March 17)

83 Posts

First Lady  ·  28 Jun 2017

Hello

I will start the long ivf/icsi protocol next month. Have been minding myself the last few months in preparation cutting down on dairy products taking supplements. Also have my second session of acupuncture coming up said I'd give it ago as a lot of people here recommended it. I'm doing 1 session a week that's all I can manage to find time for. Lady also gave me chinese herbs not sure if anyone here has experience with them? Hopefully acupuncture will help increase my egg numbers & quality and improve blood flow to my uterus. I got a lovely warm feeling in my tummy the last day when she did it so hopefully that's a good sign! Any advice/comments would be appreciated. 

220 Posts

Milly  ·  27 Jun 2017

Wow it has been quiet on here, I haven't been on myself but hadn't received any emails about updates, where is everyone gone?

Time is flying by, how many weeks are you Little Miracle?

Bizzybee, you must be almost there??

I hope everyone is gettng on ok whatever stage you are at.

AFM, 17 weeks now so starting to become a reality, i didn't think it was real for a long time. Besides being tired everything has been going fine so fingers crossed it remains that way. Its been a long long road to get here but i am also proof that persistence pays off. 

Best of luck to everyone

23 Posts

Little Miracle  ·  22 Jun 2017

Hi Ladies, How is everyone doing?

17 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  05 May 2017

Oh that's fab little miracle. Here's to a healthy pregnancy for you and all other BFP's here. Xx

52 Posts

Mcdublin  ·  05 May 2017

Hi ladies, little miracle I'm thrilled for you. To all the rest of the ladies don't give up. My little girl turned 12 weeks today. She is thriving. We were on this journey for such a long time and we are blessed to have her. 

Write a comment...