In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) in Ireland

4704 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

71 Posts

Robynxx  ·  22 Jun 2018

Hi again girls.. the fluid resolved itself I got a tip from another girl she told me to drink lots of water and eat lots of protein and drink lucazade sport 😳 It done the trick.! I got 7 eggs and got the phone call this morning and all 7 made it 😍 I will get a call on sat to see how they are doin and transfer will be hopefully Monday x

226 Posts

Milly  ·  20 Jun 2018

Hi all

lolo, Robynxx how did you both get on? Sorry I can’t help on the fluid question.

martyjen, welcome! What are you doing now?

i am booked for another FET next Tue. My DS will be 7.5 months and we decided just to go for it while I am still on leave. We have 2 embies left, plan to transfer 1 and then we’ll see, if it works I’ll be busy! If it doesn’t we may just move on and count out blessings. I am very chilled about it all this time around.

best wishes to you all

1 Posts

irishgirl35  ·  19 Jun 2018

Hi all,

we have just just been through unsuccessful FET. Have decided not to try again for now. I have 3 months supply of 2mg oestrogen tablets and 100mg progesterone pessaries if anyone is interested in them? Pm me. 

71 Posts

Robynxx  ·  18 Jun 2018

Hi ladies 🙂

Back on here again I'm doin another round, so I'm jst about ready for ec on Wednesday (today is Monday) had scan & bloods today, scan showed up small bit of fluid 😫, did this happen anyone on here I'm praying I can hav transfer without having to freeze whatever we get..! So has anyone being here with fluid and it resolved itself before transfer 🙏🏻..

Thanks girls and hugs to you all who need them today xx

7 Posts

MartyJen  ·  29 May 2018

Hello, ladies! I'm a complete newbie here on the boardCool Has just started to browse it & can't but say I'm so happy for First Lady!! OMG, this is so lovely & inspiring to hear this sort of news from someone who's just got her success. I'm wishing you healthy & smooth 9 mons!! I guess I need to share some of my background: 

I'm 37 yrs old. TTC with ex husband since Jan'2000 (as I've read somewhere that TTC in the winter period is more beneficial Laughing I'm sure this was just ridiculous in our very case). Later adding low sperm motility which never became the problem for my ex. He even didn't want to see a Dr on the point. Actually this was the reason we broke up. My new dh is absolutely amazing! He's 48 yrs old, super ok & willing to have our kids the sooner the better. But it's not that easy for me..I was diagnosed on severe endo. Here's what we've already tried: IUI#1 BFN adding cysts. IUI#2 cancelled spontaneously. IUI#3 BFN. IVF#1 ER (12 follies, 9 eggs, only 5 mature, only 2 fertilized. ET - 2 blasts, BFN (beta 0,1). Lap Feb'2018. CA levels came higher. Currently are undergoing ivf procedure overseas. The Dr told this is time to use donor eggs. So prayers needed, lovelies. I'm so glad to have joined this board, actually am going to post on Introductions or sth like thatSmile Thank you for reading and letting me inSmileWishing everyone her best of luck!!

28 Posts

lolo  ·  23 May 2018

Thanks girls I've booked in for accupunture so I'm hoping it helps get us the positive we want. I'm booked in for transfer next Thurs, I'm just praying we have luck this time. Thanks for your support xx 

9 Posts

Mimi81  ·  15 May 2018

Hi lolo

My first round of IVF ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks so this time I went for acupuncture and took supplements. I am now nearly 13 weeks. We got 6 eggs and only 2 were suitable for transfer so I know we are very lucky. 

I don't know how much was the acupuncture but it didn't do any harm anyway! 

Best of luck😊

24 Posts

Munchkin10  ·  14 May 2018

Hi Milly. Thanks so much for replying.  It is really heartening to hear your story.  I hope we will be there soon!

Lolo, I also have a 3 yr old and we only got 2 eggs when we did IVF. I did lots of accupuncture, reflexology and healthy diet that time so it's hard to know if it's a deciding factor but certainly didn't do any harm.  I believe a combination of everything helped us get a healthy baby, when I was 42!

28 Posts

lolo  ·  13 May 2018

Hi Girls, I haven't been on here since I had my lil girl 3 years ago. The forum was amazing for support and advice. We had 1 embryo for transfer and we were successful and very very lucky. We started the process again and we end up with I embryos and was silly to think it would work like the last time. We got a negative last time and were due to start again In  the next few days but can't help but feel very negative. Has anyone ever done accupunture and does it help at all. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 

226 Posts

Milly  ·  11 May 2018

First Lady, massive congrats

Munchkin, once we made the decision we were 100%, we knew we wanted a baby and if this was the only way then we had to do it. Is there always a little concern in the back of your mind, of course but the want far outweighed it. I suppose I was adopted so while not the same I had some experience.

we haven’t told anyone about DE, for a few reasons. We didn’t tell anyone about IVF in the first place, and secondly we don’t want anyone looking at our baby differently, we think he should be the first person to be told when that time arises

good luck with your decision! We are going again in 2 months, it’s funny how relaxed you feel when you already have a baby!

24 Posts

Munchkin10  ·  10 May 2018

Hi ladies. We had a meeting with a Dr. in Sims and we also did the counselling in relation to DE. Both were very positive and helped to put a really positive perspective around the idea. The thing is we are not 100% on whether to go ahead. We are sure that we want another child but I think it's the fact that DE is a different path. I guess we are both about 75% there.

I imagine that once you get over picking the donor bit things become all about getting pregnant and then of course, when baby arrives none of the 'how' matters. 

We really don't want to leave it too long to decide one way or another and I do know that if we were lucky enough to have a child, we would not regret it but we do want to make the right decision.

Just wondering if those who did DE were 100% about going that route from the begining or is it natural to be a bit reserved about the whole thing at the start??

Also, would love to know how families/friends reacted to the idea of DE? 

Would love to hear from any of your experiences. TIA.

85 Posts

First Lady  ·  07 May 2018

Hey there, just a quick message to say last week I safely delivered a beautiful baby boy at 38 weeks. Thanks to everyone's support on this forum over the last 6 years and 4 icsi/ivf cycles. I won't be online anymore so good health & fertility to everyone on this ivf/infertility journey be strong & always as as many questions as possible and use alternative therapies also they work well xxx 

24 Posts

Munchkin10  ·  16 Apr 2018

Thanks Milly, I can imagine how in love you are!  I really don't think I will have a problem there as the reason we want another child is because we absolutely love being parents.

We have an appointment in SIMS on Friday morning so we will find out all then.

Thanks again.X

226 Posts

Milly  ·  13 Apr 2018

Hi again

I look on my son as completely my own, genetics don’t enter my head, he is just gorgeous. Yes I think about what and when we will tell him but we’ll deal with that in a few years, society will probably be a lot more accepting by then! 

We were in sims, I will be just 44 when we try again and age didn’t seem to be an issue at all.

24 Posts

Munchkin10  ·  09 Apr 2018

Thanks so much for the replies.

We were blessed with a daughter after first attempt at IVF when I was 42, using my own eggs.  Tried again, got pregnant but miscarred and decided to move on with our blessing.

Lately we have been thinking strongly and talking about another and neither of us ever thought we would do DE but we are going to request a consultation with Sims. Travelling would be difficult for us.

I would love to hear any feedback about the idea that it wouldn't be my baby genetically if it worked but I guess once you carry and give birth that soon pales into significance.

I am 45 and just wondering if those of a similar age had any specific reactions from the Clinic?

Also, how long does it take between starting and transfer?

Are there any legal implications around DE?

Probably one of the biggest issues would be whether to tell the child and how it might impact on them but of course, nobody can ever know that. Does counselling help with that?

Really appreciate any feedback, thanks so much.X

226 Posts

Milly  ·  06 Apr 2018

Hi Munchkin10, after multiple failed ivf attempts I went the donor route and I’m happy to say I had a beautiful baby boy last year at 42 on the first try. I still have 2 embryos and hope to go again this summer. Let me know what you want to know

55 Posts

fairykisses2  ·  06 Apr 2018

Munchkin 10 , hello and welcome,

I did doner egg with partners sperm in alicante spain.

I first rang cork fertilirty clinic and did shared care.

Meds and scans in cork transfer in spain.

1st time didn't succeed  the second time resulted in b/g twins

Now 3!!

Hope this helps ps was 46 when i had them 😲😲😲😲

14 Posts

Shell109  ·  06 Apr 2018

Munchkin 10, I have done two rounds of Ivf,  one fresh and 1 frozen. We are considering donor eggs. Sims do the donor cycle. I currently attend Rotunda but am looking to change to Sims.  Accordinog to their website it's around  €7000. I have spoken to other women who have gone abroad to places like Prague and Budapest where it is much cheaper. 

24 Posts

Munchkin10  ·  06 Apr 2018

Hi.  Seems very quiet on here lately so not sure how active it is but worth a try.

In my mid-forties and considering donor egg but no idea where and if to start. Think I may be too old but have a 3yr old and would dearly love a sibling. Always thought I couldn't do donor because it wouldn't be mine genetically but thinking a bit different now.

Would greatly appreciate any advice, experience etc. that anyone is willing to share. TIA

1 Posts

AnnieIE  ·  30 Jan 2018

Hi girls,

I am in Ireland less than 6 months, but under my first IVF treatment here and I was wondering why is it so hard to find private laboratories in the Waterford, New Ross for making Beta bhcg blood test. Undecided

I am private patient.

Please if you know where can I do it, please let me know. 

Thanks a lot!

12 Posts

Chahra  ·  29 Jan 2018

Ladies 

please help 

Iam 6dp5dfet 

tested yesterday and I saw a light second line. But the same day afternoon I was on a v bad cramps the brown discharge, couldn’t sleep all night and tested again this morning and it was Positive but still have brown discharge and cramps. Anyone experienced the same thing? 

1 Posts

Freya Miller468  ·  12 Jan 2018

Hello girls!

I want to share very delightful news. I am 4 months pregnant after previous unsuccessful IVF efforts.  

Thanks to ivf with donor egg, I finally got pregnant.

Wish everyone good luck!

19 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  26 Dec 2017

Ladies, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and wishing baby dust to all who are still working through fertility treatments for 2018. 

I’m taking a break from forums as we give it our all in 2018 to make our dreams of a family come through.

xx

206 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  18 Dec 2017

Hi all,

Haven't been on in a long while but thanks everyone for your good wishes.

First Lady - Congratulations on your pregnancy. So thrilled for you!!! Hope all is going well and wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

McDublin - Great to hear all is well with you and your little princess. I'm sure your all looking forward to Christmas this year!

Nikkig- Can't believe you're pregnant now too! Congratulations and keep up with the positive mental attitude! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Milly - Huge congratulations to you! So happy for you and your DH. Can't believe we both have boys now especially when we both thought it may not happen for either of us. My wee man is almost 5 months now and he's an absolute joy. We are looking forward to celebrating Christmas together as a family and I bet you are too. All the best to you and your precious new family.

Welcome to all the new members. I hope you all get your own bundle of joy. I'm sorry I won't be of much use to you now as I won't be participating much any more on the forum. I've been on it for years and it's now time for me to concentrate on my own little miracle.  Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New year.

Baby dust to all xxx

Me 42, DH 42. TTC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. 1st IVF Sept 2012. Couldn't progress - bad swelling/pain after ER. Natural pregnancy Jan 2013. Early MC. Failed FET May. Failed fresh cycle Oct 2013 :-( Stopped FET, April 2014 (HRT problems). Natural FET June/July 2014 - stopped, follicles didn't grow to right size. Natural FET July/Aug - Pregnant for 1 week :-(. Fresh Antagonist Cycle, Aug 15 - BFP 12dp5dt - Miscarried at 22 weeks :-( Failed natural FET June 2016. Failed HRT cycle Sept 2016. Natural pregnancy Nov 2016.

12 Posts

Chahra  ·  15 Dec 2017

Luna mae

sorry to hear that 

I would  change the clinic if I don’t feel ok, or something went wrong. 

I changed the clinic three times. Good luck

12 Posts

Chahra  ·  15 Dec 2017

Hi everyone

its been a long time since I have been in here.

milly congratulations very happy for you, and congratulations to all new mum to be:)

update: I have 4 Pgs normal embryos ( from July)

I was afraid to go for transfer I am very scared ladies this is my third round, and Can’t remembrt how many times I did transfer. So this month I contacted the clinic and they gave appointment for Scratch next Monday and the transfer will be around the middle of January.

Any advice will be appreciated ladies especially about caffeine how you managed to stop it. Also progesterone injection 👀🤪 I’m looking for a nurse, I don’t think I can do it myself. 

Wish me luck and good luck to all here. 

1 Posts

Luna Mae  ·  11 Dec 2017

Hi Ladies,

Hoping for some advice. We are TTC since March 2016.

We started visiting a clinic last May 2017 so far only had one cycle of TSI is this slow progress in your opinions? Thinking of starting a new cycle of it this month but am wondering should we wait and try a new clinic? We have had all the tests done etc so Im conflicted? I dont want to lose a month either in the switch! I just feel like we're getting nowhere but do these things just take time. Finding the run up to Christmas tough thought this time last year I'd be a Mum by now or at least expecting! Feeling disheartened!

85 Posts

First Lady  ·  08 Dec 2017

Milly this is absolutely brilliant news! A little boy how wonderful is that he has no idea how much he was wanted and now much he will be loved. Have a great first Christmas together as a family of 3.

Nikkig - wow congrats 9 weeks is excellent I hope you are feeling well. Of course the 12 week scan is important but with each day that passes the chances increase in your favour. 

AFM - I'm nearly 18 weeks feeling well. Next May can't come quick enough. 

Merry Christmas to everyone x 

19 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  08 Dec 2017

That’s fab news Milly, huge congratulations xx 

54 Posts

Mcdublin  ·  08 Dec 2017

Hi everyone, milky that’s is fantastic news, huge congratulations and a big hug and kiss to your new baby boy. My little one is now 10 months and she is just a blessing. Good luck to everyone on this journey. Don’t give up hope. Xxx

226 Posts

Milly  ·  08 Dec 2017

Delighted for you Nikkig, fingers crossed everything will remain well with you. It’s terrible but you wish your life away to 12 weeks and the worrying doesn’t stop even when they get here!!

42 Posts

Nikkig  ·  08 Dec 2017

Massive congrats Milly. I am now 9 weeks 2 days from my third transfer but am remaining cautiously optimistic till my 12 week scan ❤ I dnt go on forums as much cause my mental health was in tatters over reading about failures and unsuccessful treatments. I feel sometimes the less you know the better positive mental attitude is the only way forward.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas 🎅🎄 

226 Posts

Milly  ·  06 Dec 2017

Hi everyone

its been a while since I have been in here but I’m happy to say I am back with good news. My little boy was born a month ago and he is perfect, I still don’t believe he is here and won’t be going back!

I had many many disappointments along the way but this forum was a lifeline, it doesn’t seem to be as busy these days.

So all I can say is remain positive, it really can happen, even when at the back of your mind you think it never will. We threw the kitchen sink at it and it eventually worked

positive vibes to all of you still on the journey.

2 Posts

AlishaJ  ·  15 Nov 2017

Hi Mimi81, 

Thanks a lot for your answer, appreciated. 

I think we will try Ukrainian clinic. Prices are very attractive. I've read that Ukraine is one of the best country for IVF/Surrogacy cause it is legal. 

55 Posts

fairykisses2  ·  14 Nov 2017

Hi, just dropped in and thought that to all those considering ivf abroad, we went to alicante in spain, i used de. This was done thhrough cfc and spain. 

Time passed and no bfp but eventually one resulted in my wonderful , crazy b/g twins.

Acupuncture definitely helped and a pma was a must especially seeing i was so old lol.

I turn 50 next year and the twins will be 3 this year.

I wish you all the best on your journeys and hope it works out for you all and if you are feeling old just think of me

Hugs and fairy dust to you all xxxx

9 Posts

Mimi81  ·  14 Nov 2017

Hi alisha, we had IVF in Prague last year. It was successful but ended in miscarriage unfortunately. We had our consultation and scans in Dublin but I found the travelling stressful so we decided to go with GCRM in Belfast this time. We have our consent appointment with them now in January. I'd be happy to answer any questions on treatment abroad that you have. 

2 Posts

AlishaJ  ·  14 Nov 2017

Hi!

My two IVF efforts were unsuccessful. Now I am going to take further measures. Decided to change the place.

I’ve read a lot about this issue and studied the market.  Were choosing between Ireland clinics and Ukrainian ones.  They are said to be popular for infertility treatment.

Does anyone have experience of IVF abroad? 

42 Posts

Nikkig  ·  09 Oct 2017

Also Massive Congrats Busy Bee 💙

42 Posts

Nikkig  ·  09 Oct 2017

Hi ladies, its been so long since I was on here, been dealing with my losses 💔 going onto my third transfer now, started prepping for my lining on cd12 normally I start oncd3 im staying cautiously optimistic. Hows everyone doing? Many Congrats First Lady, and Mc Dublin I cant believe your baby is in a walker already 😱 where has the time gone?

3 Posts

rsaunders  ·  27 Sep 2017

Has anyone any experiences with www.repromed.ie or www.sims.ie?

Write a comment...