In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) in Ireland

4629 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

12 Posts

Hopefull17  ·  05 May 2017

Oh that's fab little miracle. Here's to a healthy pregnancy for you and all other BFP's here. Xx

50 Posts

Mcdublin  ·  05 May 2017

Hi ladies, little miracle I'm thrilled for you. To all the rest of the ladies don't give up. My little girl turned 12 weeks today. She is thriving. We were on this journey for such a long time and we are blessed to have her. 

21 Posts

Little Miracle  ·  04 May 2017

Hi Ladies,

I got my test results back, still cant believe it, we are low risk for chromosomal abnormalities. Girls, please keep positive, I hope my story can give hope to those still trying. I have just turned 43, have tiny ovarian reserve at .7 (should be 8), 4 failed IVFs last year but against the odds fell pregnant naturally in Feb. I was told in January by 3 different clinics in Dublin to give up on my own eggs but we kept trying! We had our 12 week ‘booking’ appointment today at Holles St and all is looking great so far. Miracles do happen!Smile

Anon – Hope you are keeping well, you really don’t have long to go now maybe 7 weeks or so? Sorry to hear about your friend. I really hope she is doing OK and will get positive results. We had the Panorama test done, similar to the Harmony test, these are non-invasive, so basically it’s just a blood sample from me and there is no danger to the baby. This test checks for chromosomal abnormalities, so checking for the more common syndromes such as Downs and Turners. We got our results back and are so relieved, we are low risk thank god!! For those who have a high risk result they can then go on for further tests such a CVS which is an invasive test taking cells from the placenta and although 99% accurate does pose some risk to the baby. Fingers crossed for your friend!

Nikkig – really hope you will get the all clear to go ahead with another transfer soon, make sure you get lots of rest so you are fighting fit ;0)

BizzyBee – Wonderful all is going great for you

Milly - I am just 2 weeks ahead of you, hope it’s feeling real for you now!!

Chahra - best of luck with your PSG at the Beacon – I know it only too well!

First Lady – It only takes one good egg, remember that. My reserve was crazy low just .7 but I still got 4-6 eggs per cycle.

Babyhopes- so wonderful to hear your great news, congrats on Baby Rebecca ;0) We were just about to go down the donor egg route also when we got our good news.

Baby dust to everyone xx

215 Posts

Milly  ·  26 Apr 2017

Babyhopes, what a lovely story, congrats!! And great you have the babysitters al sorted!

19 Posts

Babyhopes  ·  25 Apr 2017

HI All

I just wanted to come on here to share a good news story. I was on the group last year. Quick history I am now 33 DH36. we both have a 14yo from previous relationships. one boy and one girl. we had low sperm count and I had high prolactin stopping ovulation. first round of icsi Sept 2015. two blasts transferred unfortunately neither implanted. second round in April 2016. two blasts to be transferred unfortunately the day of transfer we got through dreaded call to say both died over night. Devastated was an understatement. I went through a very tough time. Attended counselling to deal with the grief, our only option now was donor egg as it turns out my egg quality was poor. so trying to get a good egg and mix it with a viable sperm was next to impossible. Anyway we went for donor egg counselling and agreed to go ahead. took a few months out and were due to sign papers in Aug. I found out I was pregnant naturally in July! Mixed emotions, never believed it was really until we saw that heartbeat flicker. an extremely tough pregnancy but it was our baby's way of letting  us know it was there 😊 I gave birth to our little princess Rebecca 6 weeks ago. I had to come off the site last year as I was overwhelmed by the BFPs and just kept wishing it was me and I became obsessing with seeing who was pregnant and I just needed to clear my head. I see some old members are now also pregnant or have babies, congrats to all and to everyone else please don't give up hope, miracles do happen x

201 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  20 Apr 2017

First Lady - best of luck with your next cycle. Hope it's the one for you!  You should take Q10 to improve egg quality. Can't do any harm, eh? 

Chahra - good luck with the screening and the beacon. Hopefully all will work out for you too.

Milly - I'm 26 weeks now and all going well so far.  Thank God.  Being watched carefully and was delighted to find out on Wed that baby is normal weight and of average size for my time line. Just got word that I'm low in iron though so have to start iron tablets :-( I know most people are divisive on dopplers but we got one and it's been great to have.  Ok so it may not give out good readings but once you know what to listen for, it is so reassuring.  We started using it at about 14 weeks and even used it the other day when I thought baby was quiet. If you watch some youtube videos of people using it you'll know what to listen for. We got it on amazon. Anyway thought I'd let you know in case you had been considering it. 

Me 41, DH 41. TTC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. 1st IVF Sept 2012. Couldn\'t progress - bad swelling/pain after ER. Natural pregnancy Jan 2013. Early MC. Failed FET May. Failed fresh cycle Oct 2013 :-( Stopped FET, April 2014 (HRT problems). Natural FET June/July 2014 - stopped, follicles didn\'t grow to right size. Natural FET July/Aug - Pregnant for 1 week :-(. Fresh Antagonist Cycle, Aug 15 - BFP 12dp5dt - Miscarried at 22 weeks :-( Failed natural FET June 2016. Failed HRT cycle Sept 2016. Natural pregnancy Nov 2016.

143 Posts

witchylady  ·  20 Apr 2017

Hi Everyone,

I haven’t posted in a very long time sorry for the long post. I pop in and read updates every now and again since I have the most brilliant 21 month old little man Dara who is my world and can’t stop talking about him I really don’t want to upset those of who are still struggling. 

Milly – I had no symptoms of pregnancy, not even morning sickness or cravings for my whole pregnancy.  Only when the kicking started and my huge belly you wouldn’t have known I was pregnant.

Busybee – I was never more delighted to read that you were finally pregnant and gotten past your 23rd week.  I am so happy for you.  I was so nervous of losing Dara I bought myself a doppler on ebay and if I didn’t feel movement I got it out and listened to his heartbeat! 

Congrats to everyone who have finally gotten their BFPs it’s nerve wracking until you reach the 21 week mark every twinge every cramp you are wondering is that it! You don’t stop worrying about them from the minute you get the BFP. 

So sorry to hear that some of you are having a horrible time. Fairy dust to you all! 

Rebelmac – I said I would answer you as you are going through something similar to what I went through.  We were trying to conceive on our own for 2 years, (I was 37 when we started all this) 

We were referred to a giny in 2011, she did a HSG test (injecting dye into the womb and watching it on X-ray to see if the tubes are clear).  This came up clear at the time. She prescribed me Clomid, which I took for 4 cycles starting in Jan 2013, I had a scan every month and bloods to make sure I was ovulating.  I had terrible cramping around ovulation it felt like something was going to explode out of my stomach.  On the 4th scan it looked like I had a cyst on my ovary.  She left it a couple of months and scanned again and it hadn’t gotten any smaller so she decided to remove it. 

That’s when everything changed.  Went for keyhole surgery. There was no cyst it was stage 3 endo and my left tube was mangled and attached to my ovary & bowel. It just looked like a cyst on the scan. She did another HSG test and my left tube was ‘slow to drain’ also and she advised that I go for IVF. In hindsight I think Clomid made my endo worse but I have no proof of that. 

So we went to CFC in Cork in Dec 2013.  They did all the tests on both of us, DH was fine.  They said because of the mangled tube I had to get it clipped off so we had to go back to my giny to get this done.

The endo was so bad she couldn’t do it with keyhole she had to do the full laparotomy.  I had to wait 4 months before I could attempt IVF.

We started the long protocol in May 2014.  This was abandoned in June due to me not responding to the meds the way they wanted me to.

We started the short protocol on my next cycle.  We managed to get to egg collection and they transferred 3 embryos that July but it was a BFN

We had to wait 3 months before attempting again – it was our last chance we couldn’t afford to go a 4th round so late September 2014 we started our last round on short protocol, they increased the dosage also.  We collected 12 eggs, 10 fertilised, 8 made it to day 3, so we went on to day 5 and 2 Blastocysts were transferred on the October bank holiday weekend and one of those took!

I had Dara on the 19th of July 2015. 

You are worried about only being 34 and just married etc.  If I had known sooner that there were issues with my fertility I would have started much younger.  I’ll be 44 this year and my only regret is that I’m not going to be able to give Dara a brother or sister.   

Go and talk to the staff at whatever clinic you choose.  Get all the information you need.  Get all the tests you need to get done, you may need corrective procedures before trying for IVF or IUI.  If you do you’ll need recovery time before starting on any protocols.  Long protocols take up to 3 months give or take, short protocols are done in a month to 6 weeks. 

All the procedures take time and you might be lucky and get pregnant naturally or on your first round of IVF or IUI but it could also take some time.  

tcc 3 years, I'm 41 he is 36. Endometriosis issues. 1st cycle abandoned in June 2014. short protocol 3 embryos transferred on day 3 July 19th BFN on Aug 3rd. 2 Blasts transferred on 31st of Oct 2014 tested 9dp5dt faint bfp. Baby Dara was born on 19th of July 2015

75 Posts

First Lady  ·  20 Apr 2017

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to all those pregnant can't believe all the natural pregnancies its such great news. To all the couple's still ttc I feel your pain.

AFM had my amh tested before next round of long protocol icsi/ivf which is to start June. Results came back with a level of 11. Was told its in the range for my age (lower end) and is in alignment with my AFC of approx 8 potential eggs pre cycle. Praying to God our next cycle will work as its our last one. Hubby has finally quit the fags so that might help embryo quality if we get that far. Praying for a natural miracle in the future. Wondering if anyone knows there amh level and has success with low egg numbers. 

5 Posts

Chahra  ·  20 Apr 2017

Hi ladies, I hope you are doing wellLittle miracle: thanks for asking :) after a big confuse. I decided to continue with beacon. I will do Pgs with them so I hope this will help. So sorry to hear about your little embryos :( but it's better than miscarriage, good luck next time.Anon: Pgs / screening test embryos for abnormalities. PGS makes it possible to screen embryos to select only those chromosomally normal. 

215 Posts

Milly  ·  19 Apr 2017

Hi girls

Nikkig, you poor thing, you have seen enough of the Rotunda for a while. At least you are getting back to normal, you'll be ready again before you know it. Mind yourself.

Anon i hope you are recovering well. It will all be positive now for the next 10 weeks! Your poor friend, i have no idea on the tests but god the waiting times are awful.

little miracle, i hope you got on ok with the scan yesterday, another waiting game! Fingers crossed for you.

Bizzybee, how many weeks are you now? Excited?

AFM we had our viability scan yesterday, so was anxious going for that, but all was good and exactly as it should be. 8 weeks tomorrow. I dont know if there was more relief on the doctors face or ours. started feeling a little tired this week but otherwise im fine, just dying for toasted sambos this week! Still dont actually believe its happening.

201 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  18 Apr 2017

Hi all,

Forgive me if this post is repeated. I posted it yesterday but it doesn't seem to have been updated on the forum.

Anon - I'm so sorry to hear you had to go for more surgery. You poor thing. I hope things start looking up for you now. You've had enough bad luck at this stage. At least baba is doing well.  He must be as strong as you!  Keep up the positivity and we're all thinking about you. CAn't help you on those tests you spoke about - don't know anyone who had them done - but feel for your friend. Can't be easy.

Nikkig - So sorry to hear your news but glad your OHSS is subsiding. Make sure you take some time out to recover so you're raring to go for your FET which we all know is sooooo much easier than starting a new cycle.

Little Miracle - Hope your tests come back normal. A 2 week wait for the results is awful. Hopefully everything will be fine and the fact that it's a natural pregnancy should help. You got this far on your own after all!

Milly - hope you're keeping well.

Me 41, DH 41. TTC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. 1st IVF Sept 2012. Couldn\'t progress - bad swelling/pain after ER. Natural pregnancy Jan 2013. Early MC. Failed FET May. Failed fresh cycle Oct 2013 :-( Stopped FET, April 2014 (HRT problems). Natural FET June/July 2014 - stopped, follicles didn\'t grow to right size. Natural FET July/Aug - Pregnant for 1 week :-(. Fresh Antagonist Cycle, Aug 15 - BFP 12dp5dt - Miscarried at 22 weeks :-( Failed natural FET June 2016. Failed HRT cycle Sept 2016. Natural pregnancy Nov 2016.

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  18 Apr 2017

Anon I'm so sorry to hear all the cancer cells aren't gone but 30 weeks wow :) 10 more weeks till you have your bundle of joy in your arms :) and hopefully then u can have Ur treatment and get on with life as a new mammy.. Anyone else who's currently pregnant hope all is going ok for ye guys. And anyone starting a new cycle or on the 2ww the very best of luck. I am currently sat here in the rotunda had my final scan for ohss my ovaries are gone back to normal and the fluid has disappeared. Waiting to seey doctor now to ask about our frozen transfer and hopefully won't be long till I'm back here for my next transfer :)

108 Posts

Anon.  ·  17 Apr 2017

Thanks Little Miracle ..I'm being really positive so hope I can keep it up! Do you mind me asking what tests you're having done at the beacon  .is it like the first trimester screening?  I'm just curious as I've a very close friend who was full of the joys of het 10wk 1st pregnancy but at an early dating scan they suspected more fluid than normal behind baby's neck so she's was referred to holles st for the first trimester screening scan and bloods but has to wait for the results of the bloods to confirm if there's any chromosomal abnormalities. .it's pure torture on her! She can then do a further test called CVS I believe which Is more invasive but 99%accurate  but again it's a 2ww for results ..she feels so lost and alone.

Has anyone ever had that CVS test done? She's just terrified!!! 

Best of luck with your testing though and pls god this will be your little miracle xxx

Age 38, one child aged 4 natural pregnancy after 2years, two failed IUI in 2016 followed by one failed IVF. Got BFP in Oct 2016 from 2nd IVF . Diagnosed with breast cancer @20wks pregnant, had lumpectomy @25wks (March 17)

21 Posts

Little Miracle  ·  14 Apr 2017

Anon – sending you huge hugs – so sorry to hear you needed further surgery. Fabulous to hear your little man is now 30 weeks and doing so well. Stay well and positive!!

Nikkig – big hug to you too, so sorry to hear your news. Thankfully you have more frozen buddies so I have everything crossed for you…

Milly – how you getting on?

Chahra – let us know how you get on. I also had screening at the Beacon on my cycles, unfortunately they found issues with all of my embryos after testing so I’m very glad we did the tests.

AFM – 9 weeks now, miraculous natural pregnancy after all the failed IVFs. Have a scan & tests on Tuesday to screen for abnormalities – terrified after all issues before!! 2 week wait for results…

Happy Easter Ladies & baby dust to all Innocent

215 Posts

Milly  ·  14 Apr 2017

Hi girls

Anon, hope you are doing ok after the 2nd op. I can't believe you are 30 weeks, wow. Hopefully all will be well now, talk about a rollercoaster, take care of yourself.

Nikkig, hopefully you are doing ok!

108 Posts

Anon.  ·  13 Apr 2017

Hi Girlies

I've been reading your posts n I'm So happy for you all on your BFPs yet heartbroken too for all of u still struggling :( 

Honestly. .best advice I can give, esp in light of our recent events is to STAY POSITIVE & totally concentrate on each step at a time. Try not look to far ahead ..DON'T GOOGLE and defo don't dwell on what ifs xx

AFM ... I recovered really well from my first lumpectomy only to be told at my 2wk follow up apt that unfortunately the margins weren't clear & there were still some cancer cells left behind so the best way to treat was to repeat the op which I've had done just today! So pls god this time we'll get a clearer outcome xx

On the upside, our Lil man is now 30wks & thriving thank god..he's been constantly scanned and seems oblivious to all that's going on so pls god that will continue and after this recovery I can just focus on his arrival :) the worry never goes away so I just can't wait to meet him now :)

God bless you all & hang on in there xxx

Age 38, one child aged 4 natural pregnancy after 2years, two failed IUI in 2016 followed by one failed IVF. Got BFP in Oct 2016 from 2nd IVF . Diagnosed with breast cancer @20wks pregnant, had lumpectomy @25wks (March 17)

5 Posts

Chahra  ·  12 Apr 2017

Nikky, so sirry for your loss, i remember when i had ohss , they cancelled my cycle and transfered next month. Beacause the pain will increase if you get bfp. drink lot of water and i hope your little embies will make you happy soon. 

215 Posts

Milly  ·  12 Apr 2017

Nikkig I am so sorry to hear your news, mind yourself now. So was it the OHSS that was the problem? at least you have some frozen and you can make a new plan. Take care!

5 Posts

Chahra  ·  10 Apr 2017

Thanks ladies for your reply and kind words. 

Yes, Rotunda are good as well as beacon. I have review appointment in rotunda, I ll see what they will say.

On the other hand, I will send my immune tests( which I did in rotunda and found high NK cell) to the beacon and see. 

Then I can decide if I continue with beacon or move to rotunda. 

Thanks again and I hope everyone is doing well. 

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  10 Apr 2017

So ladies we lost our baby, was an amazing quality egg, lining was good & uterus was receptive, baby implanted but didnt go any further, wud be 5 weeks now but hcg levels rose thats y ohss got worse then they rapidly declined, today they afe only at 19.. so wel b back for our fet as soon as my ovaries go down and i have 2 bleeds. We have 5 embryos left so thank god no stimulation & injectables for our fet.. hope all the pregnant ladies are doing well & mindomg themselves and baby dust to everyone else. Hope we get our rainbow baby after this 💚💙💛❤💔

215 Posts

Milly  ·  10 Apr 2017

Hi girls

Nikkig, you are really going through the mill, so hard! Let us know how today goes for you.

Bizzybee, glad all is going well for you!! I agree with you on the worrying, I thought all that would end, alas no!

Chahra, welcome! I think if you are happy where you are now with the rotunda, you should give them a go. Moving around won’t necessarily solve the problem, but if you feel like you are getting good treatment it may be best to stay there.

AFM, this week has been good, no more drama TG! Still nervous of course! Back this week for intralipids and then a scan next week. I was on the train to work this morning and had an awful wave of nausea, had the same last night. It passed pretty quickly so that was good!

21 Posts

Little Miracle  ·  10 Apr 2017

Nikkig – so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time of it, I have everything crossed for you, you just never know.

Milly- tough week for you too, thinking of you, I am just a couple of weeks ahead of you. (fingers crossed)

BusyBee – hope you are feeling well

Chahra - You’ve also been on a tough journey.  I guess you need to go with your gut on your next decision. It’s a very hard one but I wish you the very best of luck. You are definitely due some good news.

AFM – So miraculously I am almost 9 weeks but not letting it sink in. I have some tests next week to see how everything is coming along, have to wait a couple of weeks for results. Terrified to be honest as I just turned 43 and this happened naturally after 4 failed IVFs.

Baby Dust to everyone xxx

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  10 Apr 2017

Chahra Rotunda Ivf are amazing i cannot fault them in anyway.

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  10 Apr 2017

Im back today here in rotunda awaiting another beta and scan.. pregnancy tests still showing faint positives. Im still preg but hcg very low. Ohss has faded a lot. Prob b heading for an fet in a few months.. hope everyone is doing ok xx

201 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  09 Apr 2017

Nikkig - I'm so sorry hun. I hope you're okay. Talk about getting mix test results. You must be up and down like a yo yo. Take some time out to get over this and your ohss and we're all here for you if you need a rant.

Milly - what as scare you had. Glad all is well. Let's hope it continues x

5 Posts

Chahra  ·  07 Apr 2017

Hi girls, very happy to see your posts :( i really need to talk with someone i dont know i need help, advice a lot of things. I am 10 days past iui, BFN this morning with Frer, i know my body so im sure i am out. Im not really sad since i saw a lot BFN before. Im planning to do my third round of IVF in june but i am confused wich clinic i should go. I was almost with all the clinics in dublin im very nervous. This is my story. 

Conceived my son naturally 11 years ago when i was 20 yrs. after 6 years i tried normal for baby#2 with no success 

IUI#1 Merrion BFP but MC @9 weeks

IUI#2,3,4 & Ivf#1 Sims with no success 

IVF#2 Beacon BFP but MC @7 weeks FET#1&2 Chemical P. 

Moved to Rotunda( hari unit) just to see how they work, as i heard they are excellent and they don't just looking for money and profit, and decided to try IUI THERE just to see how professional they are, to be honest they are amazing i felt home there. But still confused if i go ahead with them or just go back to beacon as i got BFP there. The only thing i didn't like in beacon is they froze the embryo early if day5 will  be in the weekend so they can't see their quality and grade. 

My third cycle will be the last and i will use PGS. I appreciate any advice or reply. 

Thank you very much 

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  05 Apr 2017

Hi girls got my BFP yesterday clear blue 1-2 weeks, hospitalised last night, beta negative, they told me it was game over, sent me home after offering me bereavment counseling, got a negative clear blue and a positive first response. I havent spoke to the clinic yet im home and im beyond devastated

201 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  04 Apr 2017

Nikkig - i feel for you at this time. I too was hospialised with supposedly mild ohss (didn't feel 'mild' to me). I also looked massively pregnant and was in a ward with other pregnant ladies so i can only assume everyone thought I was pregnant. My eggs were frozen at the time. I do hope you're doing ok now. It's no fun and at such a worrying time. Every time I got pregnant I had no obvious symptoms so don't think bad thoughts just yet. I only tested on day 38 of my cycle this time around when I thought something wasn't right. I thought my previous month's HRT FET was causing the delay in my period starting. Never imagined I was pregnant. Hang in there.

Rebelmac - we started trying to get pregnant at 34. I'm now 42 and you can see my full and detailed history in my profile below! After what we've been through I'm a firm believer in getting as many tests as possible early on. It could save you thousands down the line. The test results will then dictate the best treatment plan for you. Sometimes you will wonder if you'll ever find the strength to carry on but for some unknown reason we all do. And this forum is a great help. Good luck with whatever you decide and we're all here for you.

Afm - I'm not doing too badly. Few niggly things going on but think I can cope with them for now. Still worrying when I don't feel the baby move for a while. Think there will be no end to the worrying from now on so better get used to it!

215 Posts

Milly  ·  04 Apr 2017

Hi girls

Its very quite on here these days. I know what you mean Nikkig it can take a couple of days for your updates to be made public.

Rebelmac, I had unexplained infertility so I’m not much help to you I’m afraid. But you are in the right place and the girls on here are really supportive. There is no doubt that IVF can be all consuming and each person differs in how they cope with it. Emotionally I have found it ok, yes it’s a rollercoaster but at least when you are on it you feel like you are at least doing something.

Nikkig, sorry to hear you were in hospital, 4dp is way too early to test so a little annoying they had to do it. I helped off testing until the day before beta this time to avoid all that disappointment so try and stay positive, hard an all as it is!

AFM, well no I don’t think it has sunk in yet. I had an awful Sunday so just about getting over that. I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was blood (sorry TMI!), so I was ain an awful panic. I had nothing else all evening but I still called the nurse line and they told me to come for a beta on Monday morning. So I did, the doctor was there and she said she would just scan me, so major relief there is still 1 in there! I had 2 transferred but 1 didn’t make it. The doc said after using the crinone for a while it can cause irritation and a bleed so be warned. I have zero symptoms so no it hasn’t sunk in Nikkig! 

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  03 Apr 2017

Welcome Rebelemec, your absolutely in the right place. Ivf or Icsi depending on his sperm is probably the way to go for you. But find out how good your eggs are and if the quality is not great and the embryos arent great there is egg donation and sims do this. Its the same price as ivf, but it depends how you would feel about it? Of course we'd all like to try with our own eggs at first. My friend tried 5 iui and 3 rounds of icsi her egg quality was very poor after 9 years she went to egg donation shes currently 5 months with twins at 39 years old and couldnt be happier.. so explore all your options.

Anon how are you?

Bizzybee hope all is well?

Mcdublin how is baby doireann?

Milly how are you feeling now has it sunk in yet 😍 

Theres such a delay on here its days before my messages are approved?

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  01 Apr 2017

Latest update, i was hospitalised with my ohss last night, kept overnight and allowed home on condition i kept down food & fluids. It was awful sat there with my fat belly and everyone in the waiting room presumed i was pregnant, i avoided conversation with anyone incase they asked some awkward questions. They did my bloods at 12pm on day 4 off 5dt and beta came back negative, they did an internal and obviously nothing cud b seen on scans. Im so disheartened and i know its early days but does this mean game over. Also i cudnt resist poas today with torment. I have myself drove insane. Longest 5 days of my life. Still praying & hoping for a BFP 

1 Posts

Rebelmac  ·  31 Mar 2017

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right place or not but I just wanted to maybe get some feedback from some people who are going through something similar to myself. I'm 34 years old and was diagnosed with endometriosis (I think stage 3) last April after I had a laparoscopy to remove a cyst on my ovary. We have been ttc for around 8 months give or take and we went to a fertility clinic a few weeks ago and I had an AMH blood test which came back saying that I had low ovarian reserve. The nurse said it's more than likely because when they removed the cyst a bit of ovary came with it. They said the most skilled surgeon in the world can't prevent that! Himself is going to be having his tests this week and then I need to go for an sis when my next cycle starts to check the tubes etc. I'm having some difficulty in deciding if ivf is the right Road for us. I would be over the moon if I found out I was pregnant but I'm not sure if I could cope with the stress and emotional and physical (and financial) upheaval of ivf. I'm not a dramatic person by anyway shape or form and I'm very laid back but the more negative blood tests and bad news I'm getting the more upset it's making me for some reason. Part of me is still in the 'ah it'll be grand just see what happens naturally' frame of mind but the logical and realistic part of me is saying 'the longer I leave it the harder it will be' frame of mind. we haven't told our friends or family just yet and because we recently got married we are getting the well meaning 'when are ye going to have babies' questions from everyone and their uncle :) anyway I would love some advice from people in a similar situation or who had been asking themselves the same questions before going with ivf. Thanks in advance 

215 Posts

Milly  ·  31 Mar 2017

Nikkig, I know people always tell you not to think about symptoms but I wrote down how I felt Day by day on each cycle, the BFP was the EXACT same as all my BFNs so it's only now that I actually believe that!

I feel time is absolutely dragging as well, feeling fine though.

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  30 Mar 2017

Omg Milly the 2ww is dragging, and other than the ohss i dnt feel any different so im tormented lol, trying to stay positive!! But seemingly if its gonna be a bfp the ohss will get worse once the hcg hormome hits the blood so ill have to watch out for that.. how are u keeping? Still in shock. Its day 4 now and i tink i shud b feeling something by now?

215 Posts

Milly  ·  30 Mar 2017

Thanks Bizzybee and Nikkig

How is the 2ww going Nikkig? Hopefully time is passing relatively fast. I never had OHSS TG.

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  28 Mar 2017

Yes bizzybee 12 fertilised, one day 5 blastocydt transferred and 5 went to freeze :) the worst ting on the 2ww is the ohss. Sorry girls if im not keeping up seems to b a delay when im getting messages

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  28 Mar 2017

Milly easier said than done but try relax and think positive.. My transfer wasnt all plain sailing i have mild ohss so they wanted to freeze but my doc wanted to go ahead and so did i. They said my embryos were beautiful and they are remaining very positive. The first clamp broke inside of me sorry for the tmi but the pain second time around transfer went as planned but was very very painful. Dreading this 2ww day 2 and im not able for it lol xx

215 Posts

Milly  ·  28 Mar 2017

Hi girls

How did you get on with transfer Nikkig?

Little miracle, congrats, delighted for you, it really is such a rollercoaster but good things come to those who wait!

Mcdublin, massive congrats to you as well, delighted to hear about your little girl, fantastic!

Bizzybee, thrilled you have have got your 21 week scan out of the way, I’m sure you were worried based on previous experiences, you truly deserve this.

AnxiousMolly good to hear from you!

Anon, glad to hear your surgery went well, wishing you all the best in your recovery.

Firstlady, glad to hear you are feeling positive, this really is all consuming and difficult at times to carry on. Good luck on the lead up to this cycle.

AFM, well I went for my beta yesterday and while I was there I got intralipids. It took a long time to get any blood out of me, but I had taken the day off so I wasn’t going anywhere until they did. So got a call at 3 to say my HCG levels were at 600 so it was a strong positive. I had to ask what 600 meant, I’ve never got to this stage before! Everything was great this cycle, even my lining got to 8 which is good for me, and then I had a nightmare transfer, woke from sedation and the doc was going to get another doc who came and couldn’t do it, then a 3rd doc, all the time I could hear talk of refreezing and because I was still kinda sedated I got really upset and I was all over the place. Every symptom every day was exactly the same as all my BFNs, I know I have read this but I didn’t actually believe it. So now I’m just worried again that something will go wrong, it absolutely doesn’t feel real, when does this worrying end???!!! Besides going back to the clinic for a scan at 7 weeks, I have no idea what I should be doing.

201 Posts

Bizzybee  ·  27 Mar 2017

Nikkig - Wow, 15 eggs! that's great. Well done you and the best of luck with your transfer. We'll all be thinking of you. Stay positive!

Milly - I'm delighted for you hun. I so hope this is your time. I totally understand that state of shock! Hang in there and hopefully it'll all become a reality soon, eek!

Little Miracle - OMG what a little miracle! I've just turned 42 so we are both proof that it can happen. I too am nervous but just trying to go with the flow so you do the same and mind that previous cargo x

Anxious molly - more wonderful news! Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby girl. So delighted for you and your DH. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Anon - so happy you're over the surgery and baby is doing well. Look after yourself now and the best of luck with the results and treatment plan. We all hope and pray you both get through this safe and well.

Afm - I'm almost 23 weeks now and happy to report that we have now passed where we got to previously. This is very reassuring. Still can't help being nervous though. Glad we're getting scanned regularly. Next one in less than 3 weeks so they are keeping a close eye on us.

39 Posts

Nikkig  ·  27 Mar 2017

Congrats Milly mind yourself now and good luck with the pregnancy :) Anon so glad u have had your op and all is well so far. Thanks for the sympathys after my Aunt i know she is with my Mam now and at peace the two of them looking down on me 😇😇

Write a comment...