Laser treatment for hair loss

25 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

1 Posts

bettysk  ·  26 Sep 2015

Hi Montanaman , I'm delighted it's worked for you.. would you be able to pm me the before and after pics please? I'm very interested in starting laser with minoxidil treatment. Thanks!

1 Posts

healthiswealth  ·  05 Jan 2015

montanaman: I am considering going there as well and it is good to see something positive about it :)

3 Posts

montanaman  ·  01 Jan 2015

Update. I'm just finished my course of laser hairloss treatments at JK Hair and I'm very happy with the results. I can email the before and after pics if anyone is interested.  Anthony 

1 Posts

SRam  ·  14 Oct 2014

A Chara,

To stop hair loss.. Oil massage for your Head(Scalp) 5 -15 minutes every day, if possible. You can use any hair oil but Coconut oil is better. Available also in Tesco (in Northern Ireland) it cost you for 250ml Stg Pounds 1.50 it could be less in some Asian shops.

It is better if you have someone to give you a head massage in house free of charge. You can do it yourself too.

Is mise le meas

3 Posts

montanaman  ·  14 Jul 2014

You all are going off the point. I'm 4 months now using laser treatment for hair loss and it is definitely working. My hair is thicker and I don't need to use hair thickening fibers or fillers anymore. I'm not afraid to get my hair wet or afraid of a breezy day revealing my scalp. Laser treatment for hair loss used together with dht blockers etc. DOES work. 

3 Posts

Jamie Kidd  ·  08 Jul 2014

Nonsense. Read this.

The Swedish Laser-Medical Society has the following to say on the subject: There are many people that don't know so much about lasers – some believe that a laser emits some kind of mystical "radiation". Yes, radiation (e.g. X-ray or gamma) can be dangerous and can even cause cancer, but can the light from a therapeutic laser cause cancer? No, definitely not. (See the section "Contraindications" on page 22). No mutational effects have been observed from light with wavelengths above 600 nm at the doses that are used in laser therapy. But what happens if you happen to treat someone who already has cancer without knowing about it? Can the growth of a tumour be stimulated by laser light? The answer is no; The effects of laser light in cancer cells in vitro have been studied, and it has been established that it is possible to stimulate the cancer cells' growth with the help of particular doses of laser light. However, conditions are different for a cancer that is growing inside a living being (this is called in vivo) to what is true for treating a cell culture (in vitro). In trials using rats, with transplanted tumors of different sizes, it has been observed that small tumors that have been treated with lasers can be made to shrink and even completely disappear; this is due to the laser stimulating the local immune system more than the tumor. However, for tumors above a certain size the immune system boosting effect of the laser treatment was not enough to stop them growing. The situation is equivalent to that of bacteria cultures. These can, in culture, be stimulated by the right doses of laser light, while a bacterial infection in an individual, where there is also an immune system, heals more quickly when laser treatment is carried out in the correct manner. It is important that there is a diagnosis before you start laser therapy – an undiagnosed pain could be due to cancer...Excerpt from 'Lasers That Heal' by Lars Hode, The Swedish Laser-Medical Society and Irradia Education, p16. So, although caution is recommended and accurate diagnosis is essential, the application of laser therapy can neither cause nor accelerate tumor growth. 

www.jkhr.ie

4 Posts

DeqiZen  ·  01 Jul 2014

I have read somewhere that laser causes cancer when it comes in contact with human body hence I am not in the favour of  laser treatment.

http://www.naturalbraid.com/

4 Posts

DeqiZen  ·  30 Jun 2014

Any idea about the laser rays? is it safe?

http://www.naturalbraid.com/

3 Posts

montanaman  ·  19 Jun 2014

I've being using laser hair regrowth therapy using minoxidil and dht blockers for 3 months now and my hair has become thicker and fallout has stopped. The  new lasers available today in 2014 have been proven to regrow hair in new trials in USA. I agree that old laser technology / old devices and medications  didn't work very well. 

1 Posts

kennedy  ·  23 May 2009

In my humble opinion......

Don't waste your time on Laser treatment for hair loss.

The only scientifically proven treatments for hairloss are Minoxidil and Finisteride.

Finisteride is taken orally as a pill and only available via prescription (to the best of my knowledge).

Minoxidil is applied to the head in liquid or foam form and is available in chemists or online. My advice id don't buy it in chemists unless you enjoy being ripped off.

I have been using Minoxidil for 3 years now - hair loss has stopped completely and regrowth is good on the crown.

Good luck...! Laughing

9 Posts

cat62  ·  27 Mar 2003
I can understand how you feel. Although my hair is a receeding problem i can really empathise with anyone suffering this. What i would not do if i were you is run out nd spend a fortune on treatments. That's why i started this thread. I was silly enough to spend a fortune on what i now believe to be nothing more than a scam. But i do recommend you log onto a site called regrowth.com
It's not the brand name of any latest spray or treatment. It's a site dedicated to examining all the treatments out there. They publish any latest findings on new stuff on the market. If a cure is discovered you can bet it will be announced there. i myself am using regain to try slow down the hair loss. You may have noticed a chap put a notice up there to the effect that he is using a laser comb. I dont know where you get these , how much andmore importantly does it work. Sounds like it's worth at least looking into though.

Anonymous  ·  25 Mar 2003
i am a woman with baldness around the top of my head it is awful i started losing my hair when i was going to secondary school i since married and had 4 children but i wear a wig it is anightmare for me and my dearest wish is to get my hair back

9 Posts

cat62  ·  24 Mar 2003
To the chap who bought the laser comb. You are issing my point. I spent a LOT of money on the treatment. When i went about getting a refund the company (clinic) very quickly pointed out the bit in the contract that says it does not work for every one. They mentioned something like 5 out of 8 see results. so what i ma trying to do is try to get people to come out of the woodwork. If i found 50 people who tried it and it didn't work for any of them then we have a case against the clinic. This is in Dublin by the way. I dont know where you other lads are writing from. But that's why i put the initial note on this discussion group. I have heard of this laser comb but it only got approval recently in Canada and i believe it has not had FDA approval yet in the US. When someone turns around and can honestly say "yes my hair is growing since i started using it" then i will check it out. again, i am not sure if you bought the comb here in Ireland. Could i also ask the guys who write in saying "baldness is natural so just accept" to not bother with those comments. I know it's free speech etc and we all have an opinion in the discussion but if i wasn't bothered about loosing my hair i would have tried the treatment and i wouldn't be writing this.

Anonymous  ·  21 Mar 2003
Guys you really need to start a combo of regaine and propecia or avodart. Im no expert but in all the research I have done these products are the best available. You can buy them on the internet without a prescription. You should always check with your doctor before trying any new treatment. These are very strong treatments and precaution should be taken. You should visit hairsite where a public trial of avodart is taking place. My problem is that I have very bad sebhorrheic dermatitis which is seriously contributing to my hair loss.

Anonymous  ·  20 Mar 2003
Men (and women) go bald for genetic and hormonal reasons. Baldness for other reasons(due to stress or following preganacy) is called Alopecia (excuse spelling) and has an underlying medical cause. There's nothing wrong with normal male balding - anymore than there's anthing wrong with having freckles or red hair

Anonymous  ·  19 Mar 2003
Baldness is just another step in our evolution. Think of pictures of ancient Neanderthal man. Our hair loss has increased due to environmental changes, i.e. the control of fire, the increased use of shelter etc. The more we evolve in this fashion the less hair we need to keep us warm. Give it a few thousand years and even women will be bald. We baldies are simply the next step in human evolution and I for one am proud of it.

Anonymous  ·  15 Mar 2003
Quite a negative response to Laser treatment, I have personally invested in a treatment called the LaserComb.
I fully understand people who ridicule products, which relate to Hair Loss and baldness. Your condemnation is because of the absence of results in your particular individual case. This is really the point, anything to do with health or hair loss is individual. The reality is that nobody like losing their hair and the other reality is that people, who suffer from this, usually will not seek or wish to discuss it and the other very sad reality indeed, is that on public forums worldwide postings on forums like this normally draw and attract negative feedback unfortunately.
The 2 major setbacks for positive feedback are the suggested endorsement of any product would immediately be perceived as a commercial post, and the most obvious negative clearly, is that positive postings are in the minority unfortunately.
Only because people who are positive are obviously going to avoid reading, listening or viewing negative submissions, which is totally natural.
I only have one voice here Laser works! In addition, if you are not sure, all you need to do really is seek out the positive feedback somehow, get the reviews and most importantly if you want to keep your hair? Dont give up! Moreover, certainly do not stop trying based on somebody else\'s bad experiences. That\'s why we have health professionals and of course irishhealth.com
Remember if you dont take care of yourself and simply allow yourself command your own decisions how can you possibly expect anyone else to do it for you? In addition, remember this ďsome people very seldom know what they want until you give them what they donít wantĒ!
For anyone interested remember If you think, you canít then you canít, If you think you can? You might just be able to.
the lasercomb is available here.

1 Posts

Jim (Yankee)  ·  28 Feb 2002
I live in Philadelphia, a major medical hub in the US. I have never heard of laser treaments being used or approved by our Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of hair loss. Rogaine and other ointments help some, but not all. There are very good centers run by plastic surgeons and dermatologists that transplant hair from your own body. They used to have a "plugged" look, but they have improved dramatically over the years to a fuller look. You might have to mortgage the ranch to pay for such treatments, too. Hair loss/retention is a major business in metro areas of the US, sometimes with comical results with bad wigs or "Hair In A Can" hiding sprays. There is a wonderful comedy about this topic called, "An Everlasting Piece", about two wig salesmaen in Belfast. It will help you to find a lighter side to this, if possible. Oddly, most squared-away Yank women I know seem to care less about a man's head and more about his heart and the contyents of our heads. I'd press the laser center for their research and pray for a refund.

Anonymous  ·  11 Jul 2001
The point is lads. There does not seem to be a cure for hair loss. These companies will accept our money because they know we are desperate and will clutch at straws. As I started this debate with my question on laser treatment, I would again ask anyone who has spent money on this and would like to chase a refund let me know. Strength in numbers and all that.

Anonymous  ·  11 Jul 2001
You can get Regaine extra strength off the shelf. I've used it for about a year and it has done nothing for me. I feel like I'm wasting my money.

Anonymous  ·  10 Jul 2001
I had three sessions at £150 each time - they had absolutely no effect other than to leave slight marks on my forehead which will probably be noticeable when my hairline recedes further. I can't be bothered to try and get my money back, but does anyone know if other types of transplant actually work?

Anonymous  ·  10 Jul 2001
You don't need to see a dermatologist, necessarily. Your GP can prescribe it for you.

2 Posts

Brewster  ·  10 Jul 2001
I was using the normal strength regaine for over a year and it didnt really work, I was wondering whether the new product was worth a try!? Even though its the same active ingredient, in my opinion it couldn't really work?! Has anybody ever used finasteride properia, its a steroid to stop hair loss?

Anonymous  ·  06 Jul 2001
Try a treatment called "Regaine Extra Strength". A Dermatologist can prescribe this for you. It really does work!!! It will take 4 months before you see an improvement ...but it's well worth the wait.

Anonymous  ·  03 Jul 2001
I have been taking this treatment for almost a year now because of a receeding hairline. It cost a fortune and is completely useless. Has anyone else tried this? I'd like to talk to others who might also be thinking about getting a refund.