| |
(Thursday, 28th Aug, 2014)

Contraceptive Pill - Microlite

33 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

1 Posts

Carolann12  ·  17 Apr 2014

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone knows if Microlite is gluten free? I am onlyon it one day and I've all ready swelled in my tumy a bit :(

1 Posts

Roro33  ·  24 Feb 2014

I'm on microlite a good few months and a take them in the afternoons I recently forgot to take one at the correct time and took it at around twelve in the day to tenish at night. A was fooled around with my boyfriend there was no penetrative intercourse but I'm a little worried should I be?

1 Posts

laurcm  ·  18 Feb 2014

I've been on the pill for a few months now and i've already skipped two breaks consecutively (my pharmacist said that would be okay) i was mean to start a break today and was wondering if it would be okay to skip another break (i'm going on a mini break and dont want my periods while im away) Also if it is okay to skip a 3rd break consecutively there is no chemist open near by that i can get the pill from today so i would have to wait till tomorrow. So would it be okay to take two tomorrow to make up for missing it today? I'd really appreciate an answer back today/tonight so i can go straight into the next pack, thanks! :) 

1 Posts

PollieJ  ·  05 Jan 2014

Hi.

I've been on microlite for nearly two years now and I've never missed a day, this time iv finished my cycle and took my seven day break, but Iv forgotten about it and I should have started back on it yesterday...is it ok to just continue back on it today or should I wait untill next month and start over again..

1 Posts

Cathy09  ·  21 Jan 2012

Hi I have been on Microlite now for almost 2 and half years. No probelms with it at all. But this week I have forgotten to take 3 days in a row of tablets. It was only 4 days into a new pack. Should I take the 3 I've forgotten to take altogether now? (Thurs - Sat) Or would that cause complications? The instruction booklet says nothing about missing more than 2 days tablets,(7 Day Rule etc). What should I do?

3 Posts

cat  ·  07 Jan 2011

Hey just need a bit of advise! Been on Microlite with no trouble for about 12 years. I got sick with three days left to go on my pill (got sick sun night an pill pack finished wed.) I didnt realise when you were sick you are not meant to take a break in the pill if you cant take 7 pills after. Anyway I took the break and started back as normal. My question is do I need to use other protection or am i covered? I normally take the pill early in the morning so it was over 13 hours later when I was sick! ThanksKiss

1 Posts

gordo  ·  22 Aug 2010

Hi there , i have been on microlite for just one month now and my gap week started on a wednesday and its now sunday.. and i have to start it again on wednesday next . what if i dont bleed? am i pregnant? is this normal? and i did have unprotected sex on it once. Im so worried , can somebody PLEASE HELP .

3 Posts

Isabelita  ·  06 Jul 2009

like, low oestregen, since a doc told me some have more than others. This week i will be going to a GP, so hopefully i can change pills.

2 Posts

Stiffy  ·  04 Jul 2009

Im not sure about that one, sorry.

Can you tell me exactly what is meant by low dosage?

x

3 Posts

Isabelita  ·  02 Jul 2009

I just started using Microlite and i have to say that i have been feeling a bit "off" ...didnt know it was low usage, which is something im suppose to use.. is Noriday also low usage?

2 Posts

Stiffy  ·  01 Jul 2009

Hey..

What does it mean by Low dosage?!

2 Posts

Lainey44  ·  29 Apr 2009

Hi,

I'm pretty sure you have the option to not take the 7 day break from Microlite from time to time if you want - you just start the next pack the day after you finish the last one.

I did it a few times when I was on it and it was fine.

L.

3 Posts

Ash18  ·  28 Apr 2009

I'm going on holidays on the 6th of June for a week. I have a prescription for Microlite but if I take it on the 1st day of my period I'll have my period on holidays(which i dont want!) My next period is due the 19th of May(without going on the pill) and I was just wondering is there any way I can take the pill without having my period on holiday! Also my period started today so it's too late to start during this cycle(I've a 4week cycle). Any advice would greatly be appreciated! 23-04-2009

1 Posts

annon  ·  19 Mar 2009

Hi iv been on Microlite for almost a year but about every 2 months i have bleeding for about 5 or 6 days before my seven day break im just wondering wat should i do

2 Posts

Lainey44  ·  11 Dec 2008

I've been on Microlite for 7 months - I piled on an extra stone in weight within 2 months and generally feel hungrier and less up for exercise still. I also have been incredibly anxious for the past 6 months and have had very bad insomnia.

I'm prone to insomnia but usually only when my life is stressful - which it has not been for this past while - I'm madly in love with the man I started seeing in April and should be having the time of my life...instead I'm restless, unable to relax, don't always enjoy sex and get depressed randomly.

Would Yasmin be a better bet for me? or any other brand of pill? I know Microlite is low dosage so I don't know where to go apart from quitting and then I'd have to worry about pregnancy all the time!

My doctor gave me no indication these side effects were possible and yet I've read countless reports online from women who suffer all sorts on various pills... I get the impression doctors know very little about women and their hormones.

If anyone has any advice on Yasmin I'd appreciate it.

3 Posts

anonymous  ·  10 Dec 2008

Hi!!! Wel i was on it for the year and a half and i never used a condom, so i thought it was a great contaceptive!!!

2 Posts

FoxcRoxc  ·  10 Dec 2008

Hi im new to all this. Ive been on the microlite pill for over a year now and so far ive found it great! But i was just wondering how people find it as a method of contraception? has it worked for you and do you trust it? I really dont want any babies yet as im only 17 but ive been having sex with my boyfriend for about 2 months now without using a condom and *touch wood* it has worked for me. Id just like to know people's opinion.

Thanks,

FoxcRoxc xxx

Anonymous  ·  18 Nov 2008
I've been on microlite a year an a half and the whole time i've been on it i kept getn nausea and vomiting every week, i was so worried, i had no idea it was d pill, i lost loads of weight and was jus sick all the time, it was ruining my life, i went to my doctor loads of times an he kept sayn he didn no wat was rong wit me, it wasnt till 3 wks ago he took me off the pill and i feel absolutely great, i nevr stop eatin now ha an i nevr get nausea. I nevr in a million yrs taut it wud hav been the pill, i taut i was seriously ill. Im statin on the yasminelle pill nex month so i hope it goes well.

Anonymous  ·  07 Nov 2008
I've been on Microlite for 4 years I had to start it from a young age to regulate my period, recently I gave myself a break from the contraceptive as it is advised, but I'm not sure for what reason.
Anyway to get to my point, when I came off the microlite and I noticed that straight away I was much chirpier and happy, no mood swings, crankiness, and no loosing the head at people for no reason. I decided it was time to resume taking the contraceptive after two months. almost straight away, on my second day of taking Microlite again my mood swings began. I also put on half a stone! I had no reason for feeling that way so I guess it was down to the pill. I realise that i should try a different form of contraceptive or brand of pill, but I dont want to change from what im used to. Has anyone advice on other methods?

Anonymous  ·  02 Nov 2008
i on microlite for the last 4 months but recently forgot to take a pill.. i took it in within the 12 hours but just about. a day or 2 later i had a litttle bleeding but its 9 days later now and it hasnt stopped. my 7 day break starts tomoro, jus wondering wat i shud do?

1 Posts

niamh (IER73818)  ·  05 Oct 2008
hey i was on microlite for 3 months and was so depressed on it! I'm not sure if i gained the weight from the microlite or because i stopped smoking but i gained nearly a stone and half! i also got some bad headaches and my skin got worse as well.

2 Posts

blondie  ·  03 Oct 2008
I am on microlite over a month now but im still afriad ill get pregnant so my sex life is very boring because of my fear.
Can you tell me what to do to get over this fear?

1 Posts

true-blonde-89  ·  18 Jun 2008
hi

i was on microlite for 3 months and ive gained 1 stone.ive always been cautious about my weight. ive had very bad mood swings and super low sex drive and my bf thinks there is something wrong with us but there isnt. we couldnt be great and it sends me into depression and simplest things get to me which never use to happen before so im not going to start my next pack of microlite. does anyone think i should say it to my doctor or go it alone. i also suffered from very bad migraines from it, ones that even woke me up during the night. HELP

Anonymous  ·  18 Jun 2008
Fairly stupid thing happneded today I took my micro lite pill twice in one day ! in the morning then about 6 hours later cos I forgot I had taken it....what should I do for the rest of the month ( 1 week) take it in 24 hrs time or skip a full day to put me back on track?

2 Posts

melissa  ·  29 Jul 2007
I was on nora-be contraceptives and i have been having a lot of mood swings with this pill so I am about to try microlite. they both have the same combination of the same hormones and i heard good things about microlite. please comment, i also have kidney problems, not major ones though.

Anonymous  ·  24 May 2007
im on microlite for 3 months now and get sharp random pains in my chest,arms and legs. i thought the chest pains were from smoking but i have given up since i started the pill as im not taking any risks,the pains are still coming and going it must be from microlite!

Anonymous  ·  14 Apr 2007
im on dianette at the mo but i think it's too strong for me and wanted to change to something that would make my boobs a bit bigger.does anyone know if microlite makes your boobs bigger??

2 Posts

emz  ·  08 Sep 2006
hey im using mirolite and now i have sharp pains in my chest and head ?? any simularites

Anonymous  ·  25 Nov 2005
I was on Microlite for less than a month and I got terrible acne on my skin. I had never had a problem bad skin before this at all but now, 3 years later I still have a scar on one part of my cheek (though not noticable to others it is to me) from the acne. It got really bad and was sore and swollen. I was on Femodene for ages which was brilliant but that's just been taken off the market for not making enough money (it was so cheap!). So now I'm starting on Yasmin, I hear it's great.

107 Posts

Shelly  ·  25 Nov 2005
Yes, I have been on the same pills as you for the same reasons. When the changed me to microlite and had bad headaches and I was always in bad humor so I stopped taking it after 3 months and went onto Yasmin and I haven't looked back. Yasmin is supposed to be the best pill to balance with your hormones i find it grand.

4 Posts

Rois  ·  24 Nov 2005
I've been on microlite for over a year, with a 1 month break in between. I haven't experienced any side effects and i've never had a problem with it(touch wood)...

6 Posts

creambun  ·  24 Nov 2005
Im on microlite at the moment and have been for the past 6 months. I find no probs with it at all. I haven't gained weight, i don't get severe headaches and i have no probs with my periods! Let me know how u get on

Anonymous  ·  18 Apr 2005
I was on the pill Overnette but have been advised by my chemist that I have to go to the doctor to change to a new pill as they are no longer stocking this one - The doctor has put me on Microlite - Is anyone on this and can someone tell what this one is like - I was on Microgyon 30 + Overnette and never had a problem on either.

Return to Topics
 Main Discussion Page
This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved. We subscribe to the principles of the Health On the Net Foundation