| |
(Thursday, 27th Nov, 2014)

Plastic Surgery Rhinoplasty

447 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

1 Posts

flyer81  ·  26 Nov 2014

Hi ST087281. Was thinking of getting rhinoplasty done on a Dublin but unsure of were to go.  Could you please give information regarding where you got your procedure done. I am only new to this forum. My email address is fionayoung1981@yahoo.com.  Thanks 

1 Posts

Hall  ·  28 Oct 2014

For nose smaller with out surgical try nose right tool works best, its a tool that reshapes your nose originally developed for trauma patients. 

1 Posts

rhinoplasty allure63  ·  22 Sep 2014

Rhinoplasty reduces the size of the framework of the nose over which the skin is draped. The skin itself is not touched

1 Posts

st087281  ·  21 Aug 2014

Hi

I got septorhinoplasty in Dublin in june 2013. My nose was broken and crooked from an accident years earlier. It was the worst decision of my life. My nose is bigger, more crooked and deformed at the tip, I have gone to several consultants and they say i will need to get rib cartilage to improve my existing nose. Please be careful who you go to.

1 Posts

Keyy  ·  19 Jul 2014

Hey everyone, I'm a 19 year old, have always lacked confidence in myself due to my very long nose and would really appreciate someone's advice as to the best surgeon to consult with in northern Ireland/republic of Ireland. 

Email - mcgoldrick999@Gmail.com 

1 Posts

Molly123  ·  23 Jun 2014

It is no secret that many times people are not satisfied with their plastic surgery results. But the good news is that most of the procedures can now be revised. I had my first rhinoplasty surgery from US and I was very unhappy with the result. But instead of mourning over it I decided to correct my nose. After a year I got a revision rhinoplasty procedure at Toronto. This time the result lived upto my expectation. I wish I had gone to this surgeon the first time.

1 Posts

alibear92  ·  08 Jun 2014

Hi guys,

I'm 21years old and have hated the bump on my nose since i was 12. I'm finding it difficult to get much information about which doctor/surgeon people recommend in the Dublin area. If anyone has anyone information on who to go to or generally how their own rhinoplasty experience went I would appreciate it. I am just looking to get the bump removed - no tip reshaping as I don't want to look different from the front. Please email me.

Thanks in advance

Alison

alison.byrne@hotmail.com

2 Posts

samanta33  ·  24 May 2014

Congratulations for your new nose. People tend to say that when a nose had been operated it´s very difficult to correct.

1 Posts

Supermom87  ·  11 May 2014

I had a nose job 5 years ago and was really unhappy with the tip. I went to see a surgeon in Dublin about my problem and he did a revision rhinoplasty for me last September. I am absolutely thrilled with my new nose. I am getting married this summer and i wanted my nose to look  great in the photos. Wish I had gone to this surgeon in the first place.

2 Posts

JT85  ·  06 May 2014

Re Melissa

Hi Melissa, sorry to hear you're unhappy with the results, I've heard it takes up to a year for the swelling to go down so you might have to wait a few months to see the results!

2 Posts

Melissa Nestor  ·  05 May 2014

I got rhinoplasty to remove a hump on my nose, now I actually wish I'd never done it. This nose looks longer and kinda like a "hoo" nose. I'm not sure if I'm just very over critical about my nose, or if it does actually look bad and big. I also can't breath our of my nose. I want to get another procedure but everyone I ask say I'm crazy and i shouldn't.

1 Posts

sarahdelee  ·  29 Mar 2014

Hi guys,

While choosing a surgeon to get the nosejob done, make sure that he/she has the medical certification and license to perform the same. I happened to read in a cosmetic surgery information blog about a woman who had been performing plastic surgery at her home secretly since 7 years without a medical certification or license. This is very very dangerous which could even lead to death. So be wise in choosing the right place!

1 Posts

EvaAnders  ·  02 Mar 2014

If you are in search of a surgeon, it is best to check for the reviews in realself. It is a really good site and you will be able to find the best surgeon and you can search a PS from a specific region. 

1 Posts

Jenny58  ·  21 Feb 2014

Hi I was wondering if I could et any advice about rhinoplasty for my 15 year old son.Hes very self conscious about his nose as he has a wide bridge. Is there a certain age to when you can get this procedure? The cost? The risks?

thanks

jennifer

1 Posts

Lancer80  ·  26 Jan 2014

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me with advice and your experiences. I have a deviated septum and am looking to get it fixed with surgery. Although my nose has been like this for years i only now realise the full health effects and naturally the appearance has always bothered me.

So I,m really hoping you can email me with your experiences on consultants, time frame, costs and what to expect pre/post op. Its all good and will really help me take this step.

So much thanks to all.

Lance

lance0080@gmail.com

1 Posts

Susan7272  ·  05 Jan 2014

Hi guys, I'm 21(female) and have been thinking about rhinoplasty for years now.I am living in the cork area and I am looking for any information and recommendations of where to go to get the surgery done,best surgeon,cost,etc .Also any advice from anyone who has previously went through with the procedure in Ireland would be much appreciated would like to hear your stories..my email is :susanwalsh7272@hotmail.com

1 Posts

tomod  ·  15 Oct 2013

Hi guys,

Its encouraging to hear some positive feedback on here. Several nose breaks when I was younger have left my nose disfigured and over the years its been a drain on my confidence, checking profile in mirror, avoiding pictures etc

I'm 28 and seriously considering going ahead with the procedure. Any feedback regarding the cost, operation and recovery process would be much appreciated.

My email is tomod004@gmail.com 

2 Posts

Juris  ·  16 Aug 2013

Hi Cozy,

Good to hear some positive feedback about Rhinoplasty. 

2 Posts

Juris  ·  16 Aug 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am 20 years old Guy, considering of having Rhinoplasty done this fall, and I need some recommendations from people who had it done before. Does anybody know the very good Surgeon in Dublin? Is River Medical Clinic any good? I had my first consultation there. If anybody know any good place to get it done, please email me.

JurisJuganovs93@gmail.com

Your time is much appreciated.

1 Posts

Amy90  ·  13 Aug 2013

Hello everyone,

I am considering Rhinoplasty and was just wondering if someone here would be able to give me any advice. I’m 24 and have been thinking about it for a few years now but not sure where to go. I have read lots of different discussions and worried about where to get it done. I would appreciate any advice. My email address is a1kel@yahoo.ie

Thanks!  

1 Posts

lucky me  ·  24 May 2013

Hi kitten411 who did u have the consult with? Any clue or hints as i dont think u can put names here? also do u have medical insurance was that discuised in your consult..i have a similar story to yours nose wise ..due for my first consult nxt week in the blackrock clinic with ajm

2 Posts

kitten411  ·  18 May 2013

Hi Guys,

Ive gone for a consultation with a plastic surgeon and he has referred me to another guy who will fix my septum aswel on the day. I am wondering if I should be worried that he didnt show me any pictures of other noses he has done, or offered to give me digital imaging of what my proposed nose will look like?

I want to go ahead with him now that I have the ball rolling, but i am quite apprehensive about the whole thing. 

I will need a dorsal hump removal and a septoplasty, following an accident. Any advice on what i should do, or will I just go along with this guy now that ive paid for my consultation and he has organised everything?

2 Posts

andrewphil7  ·  14 May 2013

Hi markos012,

I think the average cost is something around $6000-$6500.

Hope it helps.

3 Posts

honeygal  ·  02 May 2013

Hello there

Im having Rhinoplasty this Summer. Im trusting my gut instincts on the clinic and also the fact that they offer local/ IV sedation instead of general anaesthetic. 

It a simple tip and hump reduction. I have not told any of my friends but my family are supportive so Id love to chat to anyone here.

Ciara

1 Posts

Bex1990  ·  24 Apr 2013

Hi, I have wanted to get rhinoplasty from a very young age, now im 22 and am finally in a position to finance an operation. I went last year and had a consultation about getting fillers injected into my nose inorder to disguise the bump I have on the bridge of my nose. The doctor advised me not to get a filler and suggested that I would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and that an operation in my case would be a very straight forward procedure. If anyone here has had rhinoplasty done (in Cork preferably) I would really appreciate if you could email me your comments, good or bad. I would also appreciate comments from anyone that had had surgery elsewhere in Ireland. I am looking for information on the actual process, surgeons, pricing, and customer satisfaction. My email address is; bexdaunt@hotmail.com

1 Posts

alluremedspa123  ·  24 Apr 2013

How much would nose reshaping surgery cost, if I am already covered by insurance for deviated septum surgery?

http://www.alluremedspa.in

1 Posts

lesleylesley  ·  05 Apr 2013

I am 8 weeks post op and i am absolutley thrilled by my results. Research is crucial though.

1 Posts

melo123  ·  22 Mar 2013

hi kristy could you kindly tell me where you had your nose job done my email is melissad1988@gmail.com thanks 

2 Posts

Khaleesi  ·  03 Mar 2013

Hi Kristy - can I ask if it was in Ireland you had your surgery done? Did you have consultations with different doctors? Could you let me know - my email is in a post just down the page - thanks a lot, any info at all would be greatly appreciated!

1 Posts

KristyMartin  ·  25 Feb 2013

Hi all.

I also underwent a nose job, because I've always had problems with it. Honestly, I think that it was the best decision I have ever made. I was afraid a little, but the doctor was very kind and explained me everything... and in the end, I think that it worth everything... now I'm having my desired nose and I'm glad that everything went well, without any kind of problems...

By the way, the recovery time was a little painful, but not that bad! I'm glad that I've finally done it! :D

1 Posts

Firbolg  ·  12 Feb 2013

Hello,

I'm a 26 year old male and considering Rhinoplasty. I broke my nose when I was really young and never had it seen by a doctor or straightened. It has affected my confidence quite a bit and I am finally in a postion where I can do something about it. I was just wondering if someone who has had this procedure done and is happy with the outcome could email me with details about where they had the procedure and how much it cost them. Found this website after googling rhinoplasty in Ireland and would be grateful if someone would like to share their experience with me. My email is billyblake218@yahoo.ie

Thanks.

2 Posts

kitten411  ·  10 Feb 2013

@SMV Just wondering if you could give me more information regarding the surgeon you went to etc? So happy to hear a success story. My mail is hollielroche@gmail.com

2 Posts

Khaleesi  ·  04 Feb 2013

Hi everyone, doing some research into potential rhinoplasty surgeons in Ireland. I know that the LYB forum suggests there aren't many 'good' surgeons in Ireland but looking through this forum, it seems some people have had good results? I have 3 people that I'd like to see for consultation, Dublin, Waterford & Kildare and would really really appreciate any feedback from any of the posters here offering any guidance/advice regarding potential surgeons? Thanks so much - any info at all would be great! My email is celtickhaleesi@gmail.com

1 Posts

SMV  ·  01 Feb 2013

Hey everyone,

I'm a 25 year old male. I had my Rhinoplasty just last week. I had the bandages removed today and I can tell you already that I'm delighted I got it done.

My nose was broken when I was younger and as I grew older I became very self consious of it. It was off centre from the front, and from the side it had a big bump. I hated getting photos and whatnot because of it.

I'd been to see 2 other surgeons but this one was easy to talk to and I felt his photos of previous nose jobs spoke for themselves. There was no "hard sell" and I felt comfortable arranging a date right there and then.

Less than 2 weeks later I was getting the op done.

Now, 1 week post surgery, I'm very happy already. My face is still bruised around my nose and eyes (which was all explained so I knew this would happen). The bump on my nose is gone and even though it's swollen, I can see clearly it's straight.

1 Posts

lifes a peach  ·  09 Jan 2013

Hey everyone :) Its such a relief to find this discussion as it make think im not the only one out there who has an problem with their nose.. Mine is rather on the large side with a bump.. its looks terribale and throws my whole face off proportion. I have been constantly teased throughtout school and collehe have become quite withdrawn from talking to people I dont know as I know what they are thinking when they are takling to me.. I have ofter been told while on nights out you are so pretty if it wasnt for that nose etc.. I have no self esteem as Im constanly thinking everyone is looking at it. I have made up my mind that Im definely going to have rhinoplasty I would really really really appreciate if some of ye could email me details of where ye got it done, your experince of it and the cost...My email address is sarah.ward1234@yahoo.com Thanks

2 Posts

andrewphil7  ·  20 Dec 2012

Hi lox84,

Revision rhinoplasty is a very complicated procedure. For that you need the best rhinoplasty surgeons for your nose reshaping. Every rhinoplasty surgeon does not have the experience or the skills to offer revisional rhinoplasty because sometimes they are not willing to go through the necessary training.

1 Posts

AidynPeter  ·  12 Nov 2012

I had my rhinoplasty surgery last year and it was the best decision I ever made. Even though it pains a lot in the initial time, it get cured from the pills we intake. The swelling and redness was the most crucial thing I felt. During the initial days, I am stuck with all those tapes in my nose and mouth. It was removed after two weeks or something. I didn't like my skin....it was red from the tape. It took some getting used to. It is hard to see your face altered when you are used to seeing it one way your whole life. It almost took two months to completely get rid of the swells.

2 Posts

lox84  ·  17 Feb 2012

Hi my email address is ckolfe@yahoo.co.uk,, my message is below ,, Thanks 

2 Posts

lox84  ·  15 Feb 2012

Hi all, I was looking for information on anyone that has had revison rhinoplasty and what there out come was? I have had a rhinoplasty in my early 20s due to a few broken noses playing rugby ,, and since i have stoped playing i was looking to get my nose structure fixed as i have a very small almost feminine nose due to the cardrige been broken so often.. I hope there is someone who has had revision surgery and could help advice me on a surgeon?? much appreciated !!

1 Posts

dhoff  ·  19 Jan 2012

Hi guys

As with most of you, I am thinking of getting my nose reshaped. It is long and hooked at the tip. Also there is a bump in the centre.

Now I am 31 and still haven't stopped the daily routine of looking in the mirrow and wishing it wasnt there every morning. In school and college I was teased about it and some friends will bring it up every now and again..

I always try and only let people see me straight on and am always self concious of it everywhere I go. It has affected my confidence in chatting up the opposite sex and sometimes from engaging with different people. I tend to take a more back seat approach to things as I want as little people to notice as possibe.

I live in Dublin but dont mind where or how much this costs as it is so vitally important to make the right decision with the clinic.

If there is anyone out there male/female that could advice me or take the time out of their day to reply that would be muchly appreciated. Please email me even if you think I might have got a response from someone else..

My email is jayitb2003@yahoo.com

Cheers

James

Next Page »
 Return to Topics
 Main Discussion Page
This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved. We subscribe to the principles of the Health On the Net Foundation