Discussions Online
Video
Immunisation
Tracker
Rate My
Hospital
Welcome to irishhealth.com (23 Apr, 2014) Quickfind

Heart palpitations revisited

Total Messages: 261    Latest post on: 08/03/2014 20:13     Page 2 of 7   Latest Post
Sort Postings: Newest First Oldest First
Mark (VJP69509)

# 221

Posted: 07/03/2008 22:08

George,
I am using the GNC aloe vera gel.
The label says one soft gel contains:
Aloe Vera Gel 200:1 25.00 mg.
How many of these am I supposed to take at one time and how many times per day?
Thanks,
Mark

debb63

# 220

Posted: 25/02/2008 04:25

Just want to say a big THANK YOU for all the info. I have had palps on and off since my 20's but they only happened very infrequently and didn't bother me that much. Then in the last few years they started to get worse, I was having them nearly every day and they were worse when I was being still and just sitting. Anyway I started researching on the internet, most of the info I found at first suggested Magnesium, which I tried. It did help initially but after 2 weeks the palps would return, I would stop the manesium and then restart it with the same result. Anyway I did more searching and found this post. Just before Christmas I started taking CoQ10, 100mg a day and now I hardly get any palps. I have noticed that if I do start to get them taking CoQ10 makes them go away in an hour or 2.

George (NIV39780)

# 219

Posted: 22/02/2008 21:39

Those of you who are here for the first time may notice that some people here are getting relief from Aloe Vera Gel. At least one of these posts looks like just a spam. Beware of those posts that aggressively try to direct you to a specific supplier and are designed to evade irishhealth's built in spam detection.

I have not visited this board for some months now and am just noticing that there is a question from November of last year regarding what type of Aloe Vera one should choose for palpitations. Let me note that Aloe Vera comes in two distinct oral/internal formulations, each based on using different parts of the plant. One is a rather harsh laxative form. That is NOT the one you want to use. The other is more diffuse in its affect. While it may cause some initial intestinal cramping which usually goes away when you adjust to it, you shouldn't experience a true laxative effect. THIS is the one you want. It may come as a bulk gel, soft gel or perhaps in other forms, but you will know by the effect whether you have the right one. In any case, if you have a rigorous laxative effect, stop, because you have the wrong product. If you are not sure, it is best to inquire about this with the vendor before you buy. - George

Babs

# 218

Posted: 22/02/2008 14:39

Hi, I have been suffering with SVA for a lot of years. I was to go into hosp last Tuesday for cardiac ablation, but there was no bed available. Now have to wait to be called again. I have been told by my cardiologist that it is nothing to do with lifestyle or what you eat or not eat. It is an extra electrical impulse that can trigger the palps. In my case it gets to about 250 per minute and the only thing so far is to get to A&E and have my heart stopped and restarted with an IV drug.

Anonymous

# 217

Posted: 18/02/2008 10:32

Hi, Ive just come across this website for the first time, so glad to see others have been going through what i have been going through. I have been having palpitations for a few months now but they only got worse before x mas, so i went to my doctor and he gave me some kind of tablets to take when i do get the palpitations. They always seem to come at night time also. The tabs the doctor gave me were useless and did not stop the palpitations, and the longer they last the more panicky i become. This weekend i got palpitations on Saturday in the morning,which has never happened to me before, i will admit though that i did not get much sleep the night before as as had a tummy bug, so was really pee'd off when i got the palpitations so early in the day. The tabs didnt help so i ended up having to go to the doctor, my friend had to drive me, the doctor i saw was a different doctor than i usually see, and he gave me xanax to take, the medium strength dose, he advised that your better off taking some thing that can just "Zap" the palpitations when they start instead of waiting for them to get worse and get more panicky. I totally agree with him, i got palpitations last night again and took one of the tablets, the new ones, and it worked. Am feeling a bit tired to day though as it was one in the morning when i took the tablet. I would like to know if anyone can recommend any exercises or any quick help techniques besides using tablets, i have done all the ones my first doctor told me to do such as massaging the carothid(not sure of spelling) gland very slowly, ive tried the paper bag effect and i have also tried the slow breathing relaxation technique and none of them work so would seriously appreciate if any one could help me out here.

Neevers

# 216

Posted: 14/01/2008 11:02

Hi Everyone. Since I last posted, I had my ultrasound and I was delighted to know that the workings of my heart are normal "but" of course the ultrasound doesn't show up any blocked arteries so my mind isn't completely at ease yet. I'm slowly but surely beginning to understand what gives me the palps, it's definitely wine number one suspect and large meals, when I lie down I get a couple, when I raise my arms above my head is another reason. My palps only happen very ramdomly, I do not have any pattern and could go months without any, though I do get flutters quite often.
I've been taking one Aloe Soft Gel tablet a day and I'm not sure if it's helped the palps although I've been palp free for a couple of months now but it's making my skin look fab! So thanks for that little tip.
In the back of my mind and I'm sure all of yours too, we feel there must be something wrong with our hearts for these palps to happen to us, they are scary and seem to happen to me when I'm doing nothing, relaxing which is scarier than if I was doing exercise when they happen, at least i'd now what brings them on. It's something I have to learn to live with!

Steph

# 215

Posted: 11/01/2008 19:07

Hi,
I've had them for about 3 years now, and had a holter monitor and EKG test done, which came back normal. I am being sent to a cardiologist next week though, just to put my mind at ease. Since the tests, I've cut back on my red wine intake considerably, and stopped caffeine completely. I haven't had them in weeks (maybe a small flutter here and there). While it's not to say that I'm "cured", I must say that stopping caffeine made a difference right away, and then cutting down on weekend red wine drinking made the biggest difference. Try it, and see what happens - particularly the caffeine.

Barbara (QCM67746)

# 214

Posted: 11/01/2008 14:07

I have just been diagnosed as having supraventricular tachycardia. I was twice rushed by ambulance with a heart rate of 240 per minute. Then I had all the usual tests etc. All clear, but I was put into the care of a very good cardiologist. He told me what I was suffering from and I am now awaiting a cardiac ablation in Beaumont Hospital, which I am told will cure me and mean that I no longer have to take beta blockers. Can't wait for it to be over.

Anonymous

# 213

Posted: 05/01/2008 02:02

Jen -- might want to google adrenal fatigue. Read on.

I've stumbled upon a few things that are helping my palpitations that I wanted to share with others. All palps are not the same, so I better describe to you what kind I have. I have had PVC palpitations most of my life but only very rarely and then just a few (almost 50 - female). But in the last two years they've gotten much worse all day with bouts of sinus tach in the middle of the night. All completely investigated - heart is great, no problems.

For the last month, I have been taking really complete supplements with Magnesium plus everything but the kitchen sink thinking this might help, and it has somewhat. I'm gluten and caffeine free and eat many low glycemic small meals and avoid large ones as they trigger more palps. I also walk 30 minutes 5 days a week and that also helps.

BUT what's really been helping me is sea salt. I kid you not. I was reading about adrenal fatigue and it all started to sound like me. Adrenal fatigue flushes sodium from your body (which your body needs to beat normally), and just by consuming a bit more sea salt every day to compensate while you heal , it helps stabilize your electrolytes, hormones and palpitations. Now for some people, salt can be a trigger -- so I think this might only work in cases of Adrenal Fatigue which actually is quite common, Google Adrenal Fatigue and Sea Salt. My Dr agrees and feels I do have adrenal fatigue and we're working on healing it.

So if any one else is prone to anxiety, worry, frequent urination, low blood pressure, general fatigue with palps, you may want to read about Adrenal Fatigue and see if this might be you too. There are ways to test for it.

Start slowly if you do this over a week or two, but I've worked up to 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (NOT Table salt) in a shot glass of warm water first thing, with a bit of OJ as a chaser then I eat breakfast and consume water normally. I drink around 7 to 8 8 oz. glasses of water a day.
Again, before my afternoon lull, I repeat the salt and at bedtime. It may sound like a lot of salt, but it's only around 1500 mg (about as much salt as is in one BigMac but healthier since it's sea salt). I don't eat junk food and always ate a low salt diet. Big mistake. So enjoy those salty soups, crackers, and meats if you have adrenal fatigue. ALSO animal fat as in whole milk, whole yogurt, and butter all help to heal the adrenals. Sort of counter to everything we're taught to eat. Obviously if you don't have adrenal fatigue don't follow this advice! But this is sure helping me. There is a lot of info online.

There's one more thing. Many of us with these issues don't sleep well. I have learned a few tips for a better night's sleep. Exercise during the day. Get sunshine on your skin for 15-30 minutes without sunscreen or sunglasses and then sleep in a really pitch black bedroom. This all helps to set your internal clock. If you wake to go to the bathroom, keep the lights off. I'm actually sleeping through the night for the first time ever. So this really works IMHO.

Hope this helps someone.

Anonymous

# 212

Posted: 02/01/2008 15:15

I usually have eczema and skin irritation but since I started using aloe Vera Gold Gel that I bought from www.euroNaturalhealth.com my skin is looking good and healthy. what will happen if I stop using this product? please help

Jen

# 211

Posted: 22/12/2007 23:42

Hi fellow palpers,
I have not posted here since August. The news now is that I was diagnosed this week with autonomic dysfunction. This I believe is a vagus nerve problem. My symptoms are palpitations on & off all day everyday plus horrendous racing heart after food & drink. These last for several hours. I take propanalol for this condition but can only take 20mg three times a day as any higher dose gives me low blood pressure. The hospital have given me no hope or guidance.They merely suggested I do not eat normal meals but graze instead. They also said to have no alcohol( I do not drink much anyway) Can any of you help me.Is there a cure? I feel alone & depressed.
Happy Christmas!

Neevers

# 210

Posted: 27/11/2007 16:52

Just an update. I wore my heart monitor for 24 hrs, of course I didn't get one palp while wearing it. They did bloods again, ECG again, and sent me home with the old age story of some people are just more aware of their's than others!! I've had an appointment through for a ultrasound scan of my heart, and then if that comes back clear I'll be told it's all in my head or not to worry about them. I can't help worrying about them, they are just so scary. I've been talking the Aloe Vera soft gel tab's every day for a month or so now but I still do get the old palp but I do seriously think mine are caused by food and drink I consume and wind! Maybe I'm mad to think this, but I think it's definitely related!! Thanks for listening!!

monique (CKU66801)

# 209

Posted: 27/11/2007 13:19

i am a 56 year old female who suddenly 3 months ago developed multiple palpitations / pounding heartbeats, up to thousands per day. i have gone through all the usual cardio tests and am now being evaluated by an electrophysiologist; it appears there is an bundle branch block in my heart's electrical system that may or may not be a contributing factor.

i eat well, exercise, don't drink or smoke, no caffeine.

the suggestions regarding aloe vera gel are somewhat confusing [nick? george?] .... i purchased Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel, for ingestion [not a topical product]. but someone here seemed to indicate that the whole leaf version was not a good idea. what's the reasoning? and it there a downside to taking aloe vera gel over the long haul?

also, i had my first acupuncture treatment yesterday which seems to have been extremely helpful in alleviating the associated anxiety.

thanks for the great info i've found here.

Mendy (SBA65859)

# 208

Posted: 22/10/2007 18:22

Thank you guys so much for this discussion. I have had palps for about 15 years. I am 35 years old and it drives me crazy. I have been to many doctors and have been told the same as the rest of you. People who do not experience this do not understand how horrible it is. I am on a dose of 50 mg a day of Toprol XL. It seemed to be working for a while but in the last two weeks the palps have returned. I followed the advice on the Aloe and have not had any palps since 30 minutes after I took the first dose. I am doing two tablespoon of 100% pure, organic inner leaf aloe gel three times a day. I can not be positive that this is why I have not experienced any since last week but I am going to continue to take it. I even had a few drinks on Friday night and did not experience any palps on Saturday!

Toni (OHG65781)

# 207

Posted: 18/10/2007 16:16

Hi everone, It makes me feel quite a bit better to know that I am not alone with these palpitations. I really do feel as though I am a prisioner of my own body. I am just 23 and have had palps for about 3 years now. I have been to my doctor a good 30 times in the last 3 years............I have had a holter monitor, 2 ekg's, been to a cardiologist twice and several different doctors and no one can find anything wrong. It's so annoying though bc it's like this...you feel theres something wrong, u have physical sensations, but there's no cause...just doesnt make sense to m,e. Maybe if I understood how the heart works it would possibly make it better for me to grasp that they are benign. I have been asked to go to PEI this weekend but am deathly afraid as i am scared i will need to go to the hospital or no one will know what to do etc. I have always been a nervous person, this is on my mind when i wake and when i go to sleep. Its horrible. I used to have panic attacks but not but not so much anymore, yet the palps still remain. Its hard to talk to people about them who have never had them because they just dont get it until theyve felt them personally. Its easy to say oh theres nothing wrong just relax....easier said than done. I just want them to go away, I want to have fun, i want to RELAX!! My psychologist says that I am self inducing them bc i am constantly worried about getting them. Could this be possible sort of like a self fulfulling prophecy?? Am I just too anxious? I cant relax because Im so afraid to let my guard down bc then i think something really bad will happen. Any advice??? Thanks guys :)

Neevers

# 206

Posted: 17/10/2007 11:50

I had some palps again all weekend but I had been out on Fri night and consumed 'some' alcohol (beer). They woke me up on Sat night out of my sleep & was so frightened that they might never go away! They did and I've been palp free since Monday! What I don't understand and maybe someone might explain is how can food & drink upset the electric going on's of your heart?? I've just had my appointment through to wear the 24 hr holster heart monitor, which knowing my luck nothing will show up on it but should I maybe drink alcohol or eat choclate the night before so that the palps will show?? Or is that cheating?? Help x

Marlene

# 205

Posted: 17/10/2007 04:36

Hi again - I've kept on the Omega oils, but have cut out caffeine & sugar & chocolate after 7pm and that has made a huge difference.

Was doing good for a couple of days then went to visit a cousin and we had some Kahlua (contains coffee & sugar etc) into the evening, plus a couple of chocolate cookies. OOPS!

That brought the palps back. It took me several hours to fall asleep. The next night, I had no palps.

For me, it may very well be what I eat and how late. I'm sure if I took my Ambien, I'd sleep well through the night but I really don't want to take those. I'd rather use them for a very extreme/rare situations.

George (NIV39780)

# 204

Posted: 15/10/2007 17:46

"I have palpitations a lot, should I consult a GP?"

YES! They are probably nothing serious, but you should ALWAYS let your GP know about these things, since they can indicate a serious underlying problem. Your GP is trained to be able to detect these things.

Rosebookay

# 203

Posted: 12/10/2007 19:02

Hi,
I have just joined. I have had palps for most of my adult life. They got pretty bad about 3 years ago for a few weeks and then subsided. My doctor was not concerned after an ECG.
They pretty much disappeared for a long period of time. Lately, I have been getting a few and now, more regularly. They are showing up every few weeks on my blood pressure monitor when I take my blood pressure. That has been spiking, also. Normally I have quite normal blood pressure.
I do suffer from anxiety and that makes things worse. However, I often think there are other things going on.
I have been taking magnesium but not potassium rich foods or supplements. I have also been taking a very large dose of fish oil for about a year. I didn't think there was a connection because they seemed to stop but now I am wondering if I have been taking too much for too long. I am going to stop for now.
I, too, take Mangosteen Xango. I thought that had helped so much. How much do you take? Apparently my 3oz per day is not doing the trick any longer. Also, I have ordered the NOW Aloe Gels. I hope I am one of the fortunate ones.
This is a great group. Years ago I subscribed to another on-line group for PVC's. It was just not useful. There was one poor soul who tried to offer advice as Nick does but they weren't really interested in help.
Thanks for being here.

starrynights

# 202

Posted: 09/10/2007 16:45

Hi Sandy, I take up to 1000mg of magnesium when I feel them coming on. I don't recall the type but please get the mag that doesn't cause diarrhea. If you'd like to email me I can forward you some great info from the naturopath (sp) which I have found to be extremely helpful. pcalvin@thecyberpros.com I do use flaxseed that I use for over all health. I no longer use fish oil caps at all -- believe it or not they used to cause my palps!!
Marlene - I get my aloe gel caps at GNC.

Neevers

# 201

Posted: 09/10/2007 11:46

Forgot to mention, that my GP put me on Lexapro to deal with the anxiety and it decreased my heart rate to under 60 beats per minute which makes me Sinus Bradycardia! So, I had to come off those then! It's a nightmare isn't it. I really do want to see a cardiologist as I'm scared all the time that my heart will just decide some day that it's going to stop and I'm only 35yrs old!!

Neevers

# 200

Posted: 09/10/2007 11:42

Hi All. I'm here in not so sunny Ireland! Hope ur all well. I had more palps last Mon & mine don't come very often, maybe a couple of times every 2 or 3 months. I called the doc totally stressed cause I thought my heart was gonna stop. I had a good few one after another. My doc checked me & my heart was beating at 90+ beats per minute. She sent me in to A&E where they attached me to a heart monitor, did an ECG, bloods, chest x-ray but of course they all came back clear & I didn't experience one palp when I was there! It is so frustrating because I am just so nervous when I get them. My partner works away from home, so it's just me & my little 4yr old at home alone. I'm so scared that my heart will stop when he's there. I've taught him how to ring my mom & my sister in case he can't wake mommy up. I wish I had a reason for them whether they are harmless or not. I'm going to go to my local health food store & ask for the Aloe Gel. It is comforting to know though that all of you experience the same because as many of you have said, sometimes our partners, parents and friends think you've gone a bit MENTAL!! Thanks

Sandy (KBH62421)

# 199

Posted: 09/10/2007 03:33

Starrynights -
How much magnesium are you taking? Have you used flaxseed oil - the fish oil DEFINITELY gave me palps. (See my post to Marlene)

Thanks - think I'll forego the mangosteen!!!

Sandy (KBH62421)

# 198

Posted: 09/10/2007 03:28

Marlene -
I found the aloe vera soft gels at Wal-Mart. I live in NY - don't know if you have Wal-marts in California.
I found it in the vitamin aisle! But, I'm sure GNC would also be a source.

I tried fish oil and had heart palps. Stopped it for a couple of weeks, tried it again and they returned. Did it one more time just to make sure and I got them again. I'm going to try flaxseed oil for the omega three.

Steph

# 197

Posted: 08/10/2007 15:17

I too can't find the soft gels, and I'm in the Toronto, Canada area. If anyone is in the Toronto area, can you recommend where to get them? Also, how much magnesium did you take, "starrynights"?

Marlene

# 196

Posted: 06/10/2007 05:48

A question on the fish oil - I thought I had read, perhaps on the other Heart Palpitations board, that some people reduced the palps on fish oil, while now it seems it might increase the palps.

Is there a majority of thought on fish oil, one way or another?

Does anyone else live in California that has found the Aloe Vera Soft Gels? Is GNC a source?

starrynights

# 195

Posted: 05/10/2007 16:29

Hi Sandy, I tried Mangosteen and it didn't work for me. After some more research found that it can work for some ailments for some people but mostly it's just a very expensive good tasting juice!! I found that magnesium and the aloe vera did the trick for me. Hope this helps!

George (NIV39780)

# 194

Posted: 05/10/2007 15:02

Brindl, I have never heard of or seen any warnings on or off labels regarding gall stones and aloe vera gel. I just did a web search and failed to find anything interesting on reputable sites. So this is a mystery to me. I can tell you that aloe vera gel does have an effect on the gastrointestinal tract and on the liver especially, but whether that would be "bad" for a gallstone situation or the other way around, I would not know. But if it is known to incite gall stone problems, I am surprised there are not any clear warnings in that regard on major medical web sites.

Sandy (KBH62421)

# 193

Posted: 05/10/2007 02:45

Starrynights - Thanks for the info. I, too, had increased palps on fish oil. I have been taking one aloe vera gel cap a day, but will increase to two after reading the notes by Nick and George. Are you using the mangosteen juice? If so, please tell me more about it. I have been considering the flax seed caps as well. Thank you so much for your help.

Anonymous

# 192

Posted: 03/10/2007 21:55

I have had palpitations for one week. Had them previously but they went away do not remember how. Live a healthy lifestyle, organic foods, do not drink/smoke/drug/no caffeine/no red meat/I exercise. Usually when I lay down, after meals and at night when I go to bed is when they are the worst. Saw a post regarding Aloe Vera Soft Gels, purchased the, a warning on the label says do not take if you have gallstones, I have some dormant ones. Does anyone know what this means? I attempted to research on the internet with no input. Also any other solutions will be much appreciated.

John (WZJ65011)

# 191

Posted: 01/10/2007 01:35

Well , I saw my physician last Thursday , and wouldn't you know , after weeks of palpitations which I experienced virtually all day long ( see 9/20 post ) that day I had none ! And I've had virtually none since and today is Monday . As expected , he did give me another prescription for Rythmodan .

Mirko

# 190

Posted: 27/09/2007 21:22

I've enjoyed reading these posts. I have had palpitations (mainly PVCs and PACs) on and off for several years now. I wanted to share an important trigger I have found. The one thing which virtually guarantees that I will get palpitations is MSG (monosodium glutamate). It is present in many junk foods and very prevalent in Asian cookery. If I have it in the evening, I usually experience the worst palpitations the next day, strangely enough. Avoid it at all costs. I now eat mainly freshly prepared foods - no premade sauces, soups, dressings, or junk foods - and I have minimized the number of "attacks" substantially. Caffeine is also a big trigger, I avoid it completely. Minor triggers are stress and lack of sleep. I hope this is helpful.

Nancy

# 189

Posted: 20/09/2007 13:14

John,
My symptoms and lifestyle are similar to yours. Thanks to Nick and George, I've been taking the aloe vera gel caps which have greatly controlled my palpitations. I suggest you read more of this thread for more information.

John (WZJ65011)

# 188

Posted: 20/09/2007 02:39

I am a 55 year old American living in Japan . I began having heart palpitations about 6 years ago ( skipping beats ) . Until 6 months ago I would get them on and off during the day for a couple of weeks and then they would go away for months before returning . I did have EKG tests and wore the 24 hour holter on three seperate occasions and the doctors found nothing to worry about . Suddenly , two months ago , I began having palpatations that occurred , on average , of about one every 5 minutes or so . Also , when I would wake up in the middle of the night , or when I woke up in the morning , they also occurred . Again I had an EKG and wore the 24 hour holter . The doctor told me that the type of arrythmia I was experiencing was not life threatening and that I should not worry . He prescribed Rhythmodan and told me to take it only when I could not endure the palps . Well , for the past month I have been taking one pill a day because the palpitations have gotten worse occuring every couple of minutes lasting virtually all day long . Again , the skipping beat sensation is what I am experiencing . My heart beat is never slower than 60 beats per minute , and never higher than 80 . I eat a very balanced diet and no red meat . I do drink daily , mostly beer . I do not smoke . I ride a mountain bike daily for exercise . I do have a cholesterol problem which I believe is hereditary in nature . Last examination ( two months ago ) it was was up around 278 . I have been doing some heavy breathing exercises that seem to help a little but only temporarily . I know that if I see the doctor again he will tell me not to worry and probably prescribe more Rythmodan . The palps are the worst they have ever been in my life and are increasing my anxiety . I just had to share this with someone besides my wife who believes the Doc that says there is absolutely nothing for me to worry about .

Rascal77

# 187

Posted: 05/09/2007 22:24

Hi Neevers,

I havent posted here for a while, but my heart rate is always in the 80-90bpm and I'm not over weight. I have finally put my heart rate and palps down to anxiety. I don't get them no where near as much since treating my anxiety symptoms.
I've had several ECG's and they always come out fine, thats how I know it's deffinately anxiety. I am anxious pretty much 24/7..

Neevers

# 186

Posted: 05/09/2007 16:43

I experience them too. Because of them, I've now become so aware of my heartbeat. I think sometimes that everyone else can hear it. Sometimes, it's beating away at 80-90 beats per minute and sometimes its in the 70's, but I am overweight so I think maybe it has to work harder to accommodate. This may be a crazy thought, but I think sometimes that wind causes my heart rate beat out of time, because when the wind/gas comes out, everything returns to normal. My missed heart beats don't last very long but when they do, I feel so scared. I feel them in my throat also and I have a goiter but my GP has never put these 2 things together?? Maybe it's time I mentioned that to her. Can wind/gas cause this? Anyone feel this before?

MINTY

# 185

Posted: 03/09/2007 21:04

Hi all,
I'm new to the site and would like some advice on how to rid myself of these PVC's.I had the odd one as a child,but about six months ago they came on pretty strong.I'm 33 now. Currently i have them every 4th beat almost continuously.They did go away for about 2 months but came back with a vengeance 3 months ago. I've had the tests done ECG,ECHO,stress.They all came back o.k. Doctor says its benign.My wife actually works for a top cardiologist in Dublin so he saw me pretty quickly. I have read about Xango and magosteen if thats the correct spelling.Where can you get this stuff.I've tried the potassium and magnesium and calcium tabs.Also Co q 10.Nothing really works.I would like to try this Xango though.Any info is welcome.

George (NIV39780)

# 184

Posted: 26/08/2007 23:06

Just a note. I just discovered in reviewing some research abstracts that the high levels of Omega-9 fatty acids contained in Olive Oil can cause "heart arrhythmias". I would imagine that this could include palpitations. In my case I have consumed significant amounts of Olive Oil for years. After learning this information I have now switched to a mixture of Grapeseed, Canola, Olive and Sesame oils. So if you have palps and are using Olive Oil, you might want to try cutting back on the Olive Oil. - George

Anonymous

# 183

Posted: 09/08/2007 10:13

Hi all. It's nice to find some postings that aren't a few years old!
I'm a 32 year old Pacific Island female, and have had palpitations constantly these last few years. Like most mothers in this discussion they popped up suddenly and constantly while I was pregnant second time around. After baby 2 was born, my heart was normal again, well there wasn't anything to worry about, until couple of years later when they started up again just out of the blue. I must admit I was a little overweight, but still into sport. I had the tests done as well, all to hear that everything's normal, try not to worry about it. I haven't read all the posts on here (just glad that posts are so recent!), but how can a doctor tell someone that it's normal for your heart to skip every 3 beats and try not to worry about it too much??!! I'm currently on metoprolol. I was on 95 but found my blood pressure was too low and that the dizzy spells weren't too nice, so have halved that dose, but find I have the palpitations more now than I have before.
I'm also on a diet and part of the diet was to take some vitamin supplements. These were just your normal women's vitamins but I found that I couldn't take them for more than 3 days because my chest really hurt and the palpitation also worsened. Has anyone else had this problem? Before I started this diet I also tried supplements with magnesium and had the same problem.
So how many skipped beats do we need to have before I should start worrying about them? I don't have anxiety attacks, I exercise daily, I'm on a sensible eating plan and I get enough rest/sleep at night. I know that others may have asked the same questions, but it would be really reassuring to hear/read that others are in the same situation and are doing xx to relieve symptoms. Sorry for rattling on, I'm starting to worry where I wasn't before.

Jen

# 182

Posted: 03/08/2007 19:15

Hi There,
I am going into hospital in three weeks time ( Consultant is away until then!) I am being investigated for autonomic disorder. In the meantime I have been on Propranalol for almost a year & I am sure they are making me worse. I am so tired & am getting really bad low blood pressure readings, I feel I am about to keel over. Has anyone experienced similar probs with propranalol. In any case I have to come off it before the tests are done. What is the best way to come off it
Thanks

« Prev Page Next Page »
 Return to Topics
 Main Discussion Page
This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved. We subscribe to the principles of the Health On the Net Foundation