Swine flu Q&A

232 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

2 Posts

craftyl  ·  15 Mar 2010

this is for peggy, the vacine does not damage kidneys as my niece is point 5 reflux of the kidneys and she got the vaccine

1 Posts

peggy  ·  12 Mar 2010

Q.does anyone know if the swine flu injection damage the kidney? lorraine

214 Posts

Drago  ·  02 Mar 2010

ecosave, while agree with you about hysteria etc. I will point out that the WHO Pandemic scale of 1 to 6 is about how the virus is spreading, not about the ferocity of the virus. Phase 1 - no animal influenza in circulation has infected humans Phase 2 - animal infleuenza infects humans Phase 3 - sporadic or small cases of animal to human infections, no human to human Phase 4 - human to human infection at community level Phase 5 - Sustained human to huam infection at community level in two or more countries in one WHO region Phase 6 - same as phase 5 but added outbreak in at least one country in another WHO region.

11 Posts

ecosave  ·  01 Mar 2010

Thankfully there are alot of people who were'nt taken in or fooled by the hysteria, alarm and fear that was generated by a gullible media and unaccountable HSE, when they were promoting various vaccines, all claiming to prevent people getting sick, or worse, from a harmless virus that should never have got level 6 pandemic status.It seems we were supposed to take the risk while big pharma gets the benifits$! regards, ecosave,

ecosave

2 Posts

craftyl  ·  26 Feb 2010

answer for johnb my son also got that vacine, we were told he didnt need second injection unless you suffer with severe alergies, or leukimia or major illnesses.

77 Posts

David  ·  22 Feb 2010

I wonder if any of the people who died here from swine flu had taken the vaccine.

77 Posts

David  ·  10 Feb 2010

from the Sunday Tribune, February 7:

WHO chief: H1N1 alert an 'angst campaign' stoked by drug firms

"...German Professor Ulrich Keil, who is director of the WHO's centre for epidemiology at the University of Muenster, and a senior adviser to the organisation for over 35 years, also said in an interview with the Sunday Tribune that "there is no H1N1 pandemic"."

32 Posts

Char  ·  10 Feb 2010

HI Cyprus Mum, No the swine flu is not nearly as prevalent as thought. More people have died from the seasonal flu than swine flu. Please take the time to read up on the ingredients and side effects of this vaccine. It has not been tested properly and if you read up on the list of ingredients you may reconsider giving your child this vaccination. If you are happy with the ingredients,

"Officials from the Department of Health said it had granted indemnity to the two companies, which would leave the State picking up the bill in the event of anyone being damaged by the vaccine"

12 Posts

cyprus mum  ·  10 Feb 2010

Just got letter from my daughters' school to do the vaccination for Swine Flu. Little or no information was given with the leaflet. Bit concerned now as whether to go ahead or not. Are the stats for Swine Flu correct in that it is not as prevelant as they thought it would be?

4 Posts

Johnb  ·  05 Feb 2010

I got the Swine Flu Injection last October. The Vacine was Celvapan. I was told at the time that i would be called for a second Injection but i heard nothing since.?? Should i have herad by now.

Johnb

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  02 Feb 2010

Ecosave, have you ASKED those people whether they ASKED for the insert or not?

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  02 Feb 2010

Ecosave the Nuremburg Code actually pertains to those undergoing clinical trials NOT those who are being vaccinated by a licensed drug.

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  02 Feb 2010

Yes david I do remember what i said thank you, and I remain clear on my stance regarding the media. That however does not change my stance on the swine flu vaccine, nor does it mean that I wont react when someone tries to judge other people for doing what they believe to be best for their childre ie getting them vaccinated

1 Posts

missy   ·  02 Feb 2010

I had the swine flu jab back in November.  I felt pressured into it as I was 23wks pregnant and suffer with asthma. I lasted 19days and gave birth to a baby boy at 25wks gest. it has totally opened my eyes to a whole different world. our baby is ok hes 8wks old now its been a very rocky road for us. he was just over 1lbs born and is at 2lbs now. I have talked to so many women over the last 2 months n everyone of them has had pre term babies after havin the swine flu jab. nobody lasted anymore than 3wks before givin birth. when I had my son I asked if it was something to do wit the jab and was answered (no comment). there was not enough research done before we were all bullied and frightened into gettin it, so anyone out there think twice before u decide on it.

11 Posts

ecosave  ·  02 Feb 2010

As is now established without a doubt there is no h1n1 virus pandemic.Yet people are still getting injected with vaccines that in my opinion have not been properly tested which goes against the Nuremberg Code. The general populations are no more than guineypigs for big pharma stockholders! regards ecosave

ecosave

11 Posts

ecosave  ·  02 Feb 2010

I have not heard of anyone being offered the insert voluntary by any doctor anywhere in Ireland.People are just handed the hse leaflet.

ecosave

3 Posts

hugs  ·  01 Feb 2010

My last post as to graphical statistics on the history of vaccines as published by Her Majesty's Stationary Office, should have read "reported deaths" and not just "reported cases". Reported deaths is far more valid.

Apologies.

77 Posts

David  ·  01 Feb 2010

Its hardly surprising Buzz that parents had their children injected with a substance that has not been proved to be 100% safe considering the fear that was generated about the swine flu "pandemic". As you said yourself Buzz "The media have an awful lot to answer for - they blow everything out of proportion"

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  01 Feb 2010

Ecosave this information IS made available to those who are actually interested or bothered you know.

Yes nutrition is important but it cannot guarantee immunity from contagious disease.

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  01 Feb 2010

Sorry sabs but what you actually said was

just cant believe so many parents would let a doctor inject something into their children that hasnt been proven to be 100% safe

Are you now backtracking on that judgement?

3 Posts

hugs  ·  29 Jan 2010

Hello all,

very interesting comments mostly, on this thread.

I highly recommend analysing the Royal College of Surgeons textbooks which include fascinating revelations from long ago on the impact of various vaccines.

Each and every graph shows a steady decline in reported cases from the early 1900's. Most vaccines seem to have been introduced since the 1950's and have not affected the downward trend.

Look this up for yourselves. Continue to educate yourself.

Well done and thank you to all who take time to express an opinion. 

4 Posts

sabs  ·  29 Jan 2010

im not judging people and when they make the decision to give it to the children im sure there doing what they think is best but speaking from what i no and the people i have spoke too they them selfs have told me that they know nothing about the vaccine and have not looked into it at all. most of them seem to be getting the vaccine because they think its the thing to do. most people dont question there gp on any decision he makes they take his word as law. all doctors are only human and can make mistakes too. im just saying if any parent has even 1% doubt about it or isnt sure what to do maybe they should just wait and look into it a bit further.

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  29 Jan 2010

Ecosave, anyone can get the package insert from their Dr for EVERY medication they are on. In fact, everyone can get the package insert from the manufacturer for a medication they're even interested in - I have done this. The point about nutrition is an obvious one, an obvious requirement and not exactly "self-healing" (whatever that is supposed to mean) - but perhaps it should be taught in schools.

11 Posts

ecosave  ·  29 Jan 2010

It is a principle in responsible medical practice that people are fully informed of what ingredients are in any vaccine before innoculation,as well as any possible or probable adverse reactions from the jab.Every doctor is issued with an insert which comes with the delivery of vaccines which people have a right to know about because it contains a list of ingredients and expected adverse reactions.Very few people even know this information exists! Good nutrition builds strong immunity leading to better health and hopefully less visits to GPs and hospitals where it's possible to pick up another infection as,especially hospitals,the environment is not conducive to robust good health and freedom from further toxins.The culture of the over prescribing of pharmaceutical promoted medications can oniy be changed by people themselves being empowered with knowledge,self reliance and self healing Of course this might mean less ''health professionals''.Whatever happened to natural approach to health! Has it been driven to near extinction by ''modern''medicine.regards, ecosave.

ecosave

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  28 Jan 2010

Sabs it is not your place to judge parents who made the decision to have their children vaccinated. They were doing the best that they knew...the same way that others do the best that THEY know how to by not getting them vaccinated. I hardly think they are intentionally vaccinating their children through negligence.

4 Posts

sabs  ·  28 Jan 2010

david

ya my neighbour got her kids the vaccine. 2 out of 3 kids got vomiting and diarrhoea and the mother herself got bad pain in her arm. im not big on over medicating children anyway unless they cant shift an illness them selfs i just cant believe so many parents would let a doctor inject something into their children that hasnt been proven to be 100% safe

77 Posts

David  ·  27 Jan 2010

Sabs,

I think you are correct in saying there has been no further testing. There was little or no clinical data available when Celvepan was pushed on the public. What is disturbing is the failure to study the side-effects of this vaccine properly. The authorities have relied on a passive recording system which will not give an accurate picture. Within the small circle of my family I know of at least six relatives who had bad reactions to the vaccine ranging from vomiting and diarrhea to severe arm pain (to the point of not being able to use the arm for days) and extreme fatigue. None of these reactions were reported and I suspect that this is the case in many circumstances.

The other thing worth considering is that vaccines are claimed to be effective for long periods of time yet there are little or no studies to see what side effects might occur over long periods of time.

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  26 Jan 2010

Ecosave, unless underlying auto-immune conditions are present, then it doesn't make sense to CONSTANTLY on immune treatments in ADDITION to our own immunity for EVERY virus (no concrete scientific evidence that this one is manufactured) but there are specific infections and specific cases where is makes good medical (and common) sense to treat with something which is effecient and effective alongside our own immune system - be that an anti-viral, antibiotic or vaccination. This has not made our own natural immunity (where it is string enough to be somewhat effective) redundant. No one takes medication for fun - we take it where it is required and neccessary and ANY attempt to "wean" off medicvally perscribed medication should ONLY EVER be done so WITH THE SUPERVSION OF QUALIFIED MEDICAL PERSONEL - any attempts to do so without medical supervision can be DANGEROUS. It may seem like stating the obvious but you'd be surpried. Yes, the vast majority of people are capable of being healthy but many will from time to time need qualified medical help to prevent illness or when they become ill. 

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  26 Jan 2010

It is a very personal decision and your doctor was right to say he can't influence you, I think he was out of line telling you what he would or not support the vaccine, as this quite obviously IS influencing your decision.

There is plenty of reading material out there which is unbiased and presents the pros anc cons in a factual, non agenda way and from this you should be able to make an informed decision.

Although I would support the vaccine I will say that I think the media have people very scared. Of course it can be a serious condition but the media HAVE blown it up out of proportion so this is something to remember.

Whatever choice you make I hope it works out for you and good luck with the pregnancy.

4 Posts

sabs  ·  25 Jan 2010

hi im pregnant at the mo and when i went to my doc for my check up i asked about the swine flu injection. he said the decision was mine but he would not give it to his wife if she was pregnant as there is not enough evidence that it wont cause medical problems in later years . when the big hype about the swine flu first started the doctors were against vaccinating and all of a sudden most of them are now handing it out to their patients and as far as i know no further testing on the vaccine has been carried out. is this because they have been promised cash bonuses for filling their quotas or is their some other reason

11 Posts

ecosave  ·  29 Dec 2009

It would be interesting to know what percentage of GPs take the vaccine.Do they know much more than the general public about the short and potentially dangerous long term side effects of adjuvant loaded injections?I see the HSE is renegotiating with the vaccine supplier to roll back on the number of doses needed in Ireland.As we have no facilities to accurately test for h1n1 virus then it has to guesswork for the most part.If we constantly rely on substitute immune treatments for ANY virus,natural or manufactured,then our own natural individual and community protection would be redundant in the foreseeable future. I believe we ought to wean ourselves off medication as much as possible and get back to being the healthy people we're very capable of.We have the right to be our own healers by hanessing Nature and our own COMMON SENSE.

ecosave

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  23 Dec 2009

Anyone could coud post "only killed 10,000" - about ANY disease needs to take a good long look at themselves.

1 Posts

Dylan 81  ·  22 Dec 2009

Hey ecosave

just to comment about you message they actually made an 88 million euro contract with the big pharma's,for a flu that is milder than the normal seasonal flu,there are stats out the that say 500,000 die from the regular flu so why the big hype about a flew that has only killed 10,000 or more.its fear mongering propaganda,keep the people crippled with fear,and make huge profit of them.problem,reaction,solution.they create the prob,we react and come back as the good guys and jump in and save us.research the the 1976 swine flu were it was released in an army barracks in the usa they vaccinated 50 million,one person died from the swine flu and dozens died from the vaccine and thousands got seriously ill many with the guillian barre syndrome.not way my my family is taking a mercury squalene riddin vaccine that is linked to autisum and other neurologicol conditions!

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  17 Dec 2009

The reason for the rush to vaccinate is the danger for at-rosk groups. And no, it is not advisble to administer the swine flu vaccine at the same tinme as a the tregular vaccine. My clinic at the hosp recommends a 2 week gap. Are you sure your friends didn't merely get a heavy cold or a chest infection. An aewful lot of poeple are very foind of saying "I have the flu" when it is simply a heavy cold - but of course a cold sounds far less serious and far less important than the flu. Marie, if the numbers are thru GP diagnosis - then how can you possibly say there is no data?Hir, most GPs and clinics provide the vaccie to at-risk groups.

1 Posts

Hir  ·  17 Dec 2009

hi, all

can anyone tell me that where i got swine flu vaccine?

4 Posts

Marie T  ·  17 Dec 2009

On numbers rather than potency: I have now established the position on reliable data collection. There is none! We have no idea whatsoever how many cases of swine flu are out there or have ever been out there. Last summer, Tony Holohan, chief medical officer with the department, ruled out lab testing. “The number of laboratory confirmed cases has ceased to be a meaningful measure of the burden of the infection in the population”, he said. This was last July. So before the swine flu had even begun to take hold, HSE had 'moved' to a policy of coming up with numbers of cases through GP diagnosis instead of laboratory testing. The number of cases were be estimated weekly using a 'sample' of 50 GP practices. How scientific is this?

Author: 'Emergency Irish hospitals in chaos'

11 Posts

ecosave  ·  11 Dec 2009

If the h1n1 virus is losing its potency, as has been reported,and by all accounts is almost similar to regular flu then what is the great rush to vaccinate with this untested combination of various adjuvants ie.mercury and scaulene to name just two.I believe we have right to know how many doses the HSE has contracted for,how much it is costing the taxpayer,what happens to doses not voluntarily taken up, have they storage facilities in place,have they got blanket immunity in case of any serious adverse reactions.I am not sure if the FOI act covers this.Is it advisable that doctors administer h1n1 vaccine and regular flu vaccine at the same visit.A chap I know got these two shots together,and wouldnt you know it,he got the flu! regards, ecosave.

ecosave

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  11 Dec 2009

Marie as you probably very well know, it is the HSE you will need to request this information from, not posters to discussion threads.

4 Posts

Marie T  ·  11 Dec 2009

Anonymous, It seems to me that accurate mapping of the spread of these different forms of flu is required. Can you give us the total number of H1N1 cases that have been blood test confirmed in Ireland (ROI) since last September (as near as possible to date)? And how many blood test confirmed cases are there in ROI of seasonal flu over the same period? Can you break down these figures for young children, asthmatics, those whose immune systems are compromised or suppressed and pregnant women? Without these figures, it seems to me, those who feel under pressure to vaccinate remain in the dark, to a degree.

Author: 'Emergency Irish hospitals in chaos'

12,086 Posts

Anonymous  ·  10 Dec 2009

Ecosave, the datra sheet is freely available both from GPs administering the vaccine and from the maufacturers. No-one will coerce or compel ANYONE - not even at risk groups, to have the vaccinE against their will. The difference between H1N1 and seasonal influenza can be confirmed with a blood test. For at-risk groups such as young children, athsmatics, those whoi are immuno-comprimised / suppressed and pregnant women, no amount of "living right" will prevent them becoming infected if they come in contact with them - as the deaths and serious cases can attest to.