Worms and children

66 Comments
This discussion is now closed.
Sort by

1 Posts

concerned parent  ·  19 Oct 2005
My son is 3 years old, and he is suffering from something, but not sure what it could be. His stomach is always very enlarged compared to his small body, which has not grown much in the last 1 and 1/2 years. He is constantly hungry and when he eats, his stomach becomes very big. Someone mentioned this may be caused from worms, but he is suffering some psychological problems as well as if something has control of him. He tries to fight it off, but is not strong enough. I know this sounds weird, the doctors I took him to think he has asbergers autism, but I disagree as the symptoms they provided do not match his attitude. If worms are not found for a long period of time could they do this to a person?

Anonymous  ·  13 Oct 2005
i have worms for years i tryed ovex in england nothing happened. what can i get over the counter to get rid if the worms?? from an adult

1 Posts

Tracey (JCL18639)  ·  02 Oct 2004
My daughter is three and grinds her teeth particularly at night. Does this mean she has worms.

Anonymous  ·  04 Apr 2004
Can a tapeworm in a human cause anemia?

4 Posts

fergus (ferguslyons)  ·  22 Jan 2004
The best natural treatment for round worms, thread & whip worms is to use bioforce papayaforce (extracted from papaya leaves) and always used by the indians historically for the treatment of the above. Importantly, a child who constantly has worms where the family does not is in all likelyhood re infecting him/herself at night time by scratching the anal area and then from there to the mouth. Wear good fitting underclothes by night to avoid this - you can see the above in Vogels "The Nature Doctor. Vogel also thinks anthelmintic medicines can be quite toxic so prefers the natural route of bioforce "Papayforce"

Anonymous  ·  16 Jan 2004
Hi, I actually did not make a comment about worms. I asked a question as to what drugs I could purchase across the counter for the purposes of de-worming the whole Family. Can you still answer this question?

Anonymous  ·  13 Jan 2004
Are there de-worming drugs that one can purchase across the counter, without necessarily seeing a G.P.?

Anonymous  ·  27 Dec 2003
I think that if all kids were taught to keep their hands away from their faces generally, they would save themselves and their parents a lot of hassle. So many germs and parasites are transferred via the mouth. And also the hands can cause impetigo, herpes and wart infestations to be spread. As a sufferer of coldsores I have always taught my kids to keep their hands away from their faces and mouths and have never kissed them on the lips to reduce the incidence of herpes.This has proved sucessful in that none of them have contracted cold sores from me. I only wish the person who infected me had more sense!. Saying all this, I do believe that a certain amount of germs are necessary to maintain a strong immune system. All bugs are not nasty but some we could do without.

Anonymous  ·  18 Dec 2003
While most of the comments are expessing a fear of worms, I have recently heard about a Dr. Joel weinstock in Iowa who is conducting tests on the beneficial use of whipworms for the treatment of Crohn's disease. As your article rightly pointed out infection by worms is decreasing in the western world with increased Hygiene standards however Crohn's disease is on the increase in the same areas that standards are highest while it is unknown in the Third world. Dr. weinstock has treated over 200 patients in clinical trials with the eggs of whipworms which mature in the colon and are passed out of the body safely with no side effects. He has had a 99% success rate first time around & 100% success rate second time. His theory on this is that Humans have lived with these parasites since the beginning and in some instances beneficial effects accrue to Humans as equally in some instances does the downside. It is an interesting Hypothesis & seems to be true. For sufferer's of Crohns disease it may provide welcome relief if they can get over the squeamish factor.

1 Posts

christopher (christopher3)  ·  06 Sep 2003
I think my two year old son might have worms he has a itchy bum at night i dont know anything about worms what shall i do?

Anonymous  ·  08 Apr 2003
I don't know anything about worms but for the person who asked about itching, regular Oilatum baths help to stop itching.

Anonymous  ·  27 Mar 2003
My daughter I know gets worms a number of times in a year. She is 10 years old, very clean and eats quite healthy. The problem is they are in the vaginal area. Has anyone out there dealt with this. I am fed up trying to get answers from doctors. They insist they are in the back passage. When she does get them she is in extreme pain. It is terrible to see her like this.

Anonymous  ·  05 Feb 2003
My 8 yr old daughter is constantly getting worms. She complains of an itchy bum and then I remove the worm with a Q-tip. She takes vermox but somehow they constantly re-occur. Is she at any risk from constantly having them

4 Posts

Geraldine (Geraldinedel)  ·  03 Jan 2003
I have a thirteen year old daugher who at least 3/4 times a year gets worms. She has been having this problem since she was born, I now know what to do but can you tell me why she continously gets worms when no else in the family has the problem

Anonymous  ·  20 Nov 2002
I have a four year old girl who constantly suffers with wet farts. A small amount of beige to clear frothy liquid comes out at the same time. She doesn't complain of an itchy bum. Any ideas ?

Anonymous  ·  03 Jul 2002
My grandson, who is 4 and three quarters (his words)twitches a lot in his sleep. It can go on for a long time. It is not restlesness, but little jerking movements. I had thought of worms, but reading your comments I do not think that it could be explained this way. What other explanation is there.

Anonymous  ·  23 Jun 2002
I need some advice, I have twins two years young, boy & girl, my son is very hyper and does not sleep well, my daughter for the past few nights almost does summersaults in her sleep, can this be worms. I did try vermox suspension before is there any thing else I could use.

Anonymous  ·  13 Feb 2002
I have a 15month old girl who hasnt slept a full night for me,i will try anything do you think she is too young for a worm dose.Her nappies would usually be very loose i have never seen any worms but she would have a fair amount of sugar in her diet.

Anonymous  ·  13 Feb 2002
I found your article on worms very useful as I think I may have them. I have an itchy anus but I also suffer from piles at present. I had them removed surgically a few years ago but they appear to have recurred. Could you suggest any medication for either piles or worms.

Many thanks.

2 Posts

finn (tommytucker)  ·  04 Oct 2001
Is teeth grinding in children a sign of worms.

Anonymous  ·  17 Aug 2001
Vermox medicine or tablets available in chemists no prescription needed suitable for adults and children
single dose but recommend repeat ing in 14 days to prevent reinfection

16 Posts

Gracie  ·  16 Aug 2001
plese give a cure for itch

12 Posts

Eileen (ileen)  ·  15 Aug 2001
I too, would like to know the best product to buy as my children suffer from time to time and indeed would need to be 'dosed' before school restarts in September.

Anonymous  ·  15 Aug 2001
Are they harmful?

1 Posts

Henry (hgormley)  ·  15 Aug 2001
I suffer from an itchy anus and have tried the usual PreparationH, Anusol, washing with salty water, sudocream, Savlon Cream and Savlon Liquid---still no cure--
Any ideas please?

Anonymous  ·  15 Aug 2001
What is the best treatment on the market at the moment

<- Prev Page