ADVERTISEMENT
158,141 registered users

| |
(Saturday, 20th Dec, 2014)

How often do you eat in fast food restaurants?

15 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

653 Posts

Grifter  ·  28 Apr 2008
Looks like everyone loves making food at home, do people never eat out?

Anonymous  ·  28 Apr 2008
I do eat out ocassionally as there is a wonderdul variety of restaurants serving healthy food and I enjoy it but would rarely eat in fast food venues - maybe once or twice a year at most, so I voted hardly ever. I enjoy preparing and cooking at home and fast food doesn't appeal to me.

Anonymous  ·  26 Apr 2008
I agree with Helen. My child used to enjoy going to the fast food chains, when birthday parties etc. were doing that. Now with the healthy little restaurants popping everywhere, she is adamant that she enjoys a pannini or fruit smoothie etc. It is more satisfying food all round.

Anonymous  ·  26 Apr 2008
i only eat out in fast food joints when we go shopping to the larger towns or cities,because the kids would be so hungry towards evening and an hour journey home would be to long.i tried bringing prepd food but it was met with rejection.if only the hotels resturants etc that serve propr quality meals would serv late into the evening i would not go to these fast food joints.i agree that its not healthy and always regret having been weak enough to go there but choice isnt there. unless to eat early, than the difficulty is with shop closing times parking etc.so what does one do?

1 Posts

Alex  ·  25 Apr 2008
My husband and I would eat out about once or twice a month - that for us means 'occasionally' as " Anonymous" suggests above! We choose carefully, salads with our main courses, rarely potatoes and never desserts and feel we can eat quite healthily if we are selective. Also we do tend to eat in 'good' restaurants, Irish, Italian or French and Thai, never Chinese or fast food outlets such as McDonalds.

Anonymous  ·  25 Apr 2008
Never. The smell of oil does my head in and makes me nauseous. I can't bear the feeling of oil/grease around my mouth or on my hands; it makes my stomach turn, or to see others likewise. It's about 5 yrs since we ate in a f/f/r and it was salty and otherwise tasteless and we were starving and didn't enjoy it at all. And it's far from cheap; we make s/wiches or rolls and get coffee/tea anywhere and you know what you're eating then.

Not very often, on the odd occasion.

1 Posts

Joseph (WVP42293)  ·  25 Apr 2008
I never eat in fast food restaurants as the food is very rarely good quality or good value

653 Posts

Grifter  ·  25 Apr 2008
I eat in one about once a week. You cant beat chips and a burger at a football match. Or a spiceburger after the pub.

28 Posts

zoltan (ZEW35773)  ·  25 Apr 2008
What the ould ones say, a LITTLE of what you fancy etc.

3 Posts

Maco44  ·  25 Apr 2008
I also like to cook at home. It dosen't take to long and you know what you are getting. I got a present of a pressure cooker which i use all the time. Potatoes, cabbage, fish, peas, carrotts etc... are delicious from the cooker.
Its nice sometimes to eat out, but after i do i say everytime NEVER AGAIN :-)..

The various options are much too subjective! 'Occasionally' could be one a week to one person and once every six months to someone else!

Mostly for convenience.

12 Posts

Helen  ·  25 Apr 2008
We gave up eating in fast food restaurants almost totally when I became aware of all the additives msg and the dangers of eating foods high in omega6 or bad fats on a regular basis now my children have lost weight their brain functions have improved their behavior has improved its just too bad we hadnt done it sooner the problem is the fast foods taste so good because of the excitotoxins people should be made more aware how addictive this stuff is.

353 Posts

Witofire  ·  24 Apr 2008
I eat at home almost always as I can prepare and cook the food in the healthiest way possible with limited additives.

There is no smoke witofire!

Return to Topics
 Main Discussion Page
This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved. We subscribe to the principles of the Health On the Net Foundation