Women could make sperm

153 Comments
Sort by
Join the discussion...

3,037 Posts

buzz  ·  13 Dec 2011

How did I find this after nearly 4 years lol. Good news, interesting, and certainly good for infertile couples and also for lesbian couples who would like to have children. No complications with surrogacy, adoption, sperm donors etc.

Sadly I think it will be a long time before it will be developed and refined enough for use... My partner and I would love to have children some day but of course there are other ways.

Anonymous  ·  26 Sep 2008
It is so true about our similarities Richy. And truw despite the so called male qualities which are hyped, yet all the love poetry and teaching and literature was by man.
I don't knwo that I agree that male life as never regarded as high a female, in this country, certain in the last 10 to 150 years women were regarded as expendable baby making machines and many would argue that that dysfunctional ideology still exists in some parts of the world. It was not so much that men were recruited as cannon fodder - but that POOR men were. Rich men got much softer numbers during war. I don't think total dependance is a postive way to go for any human. Women were finacially dependant on men for years - turning the tables would make society just as dysfunctional.
I entirely agree with what you said about fragility and about Saddam. Read about Hitler and Stalin - you will find the same pattern. An adult does to the world what the world did to the child.
I had no idea 80% of Freud's work was under lock and key but I am so glad I have found someone who agrees about Freuds unproven kooky theories which were developed based on clinical cases which were by their nature psychological ill people many of women had "hysteria" which has never been seen since or proven. Freud freely admitted that female sexuality was a "dark continent" which proved how little he actually knew
"Feminists bashed the penis intensivly and with enthusiasm, that's proof enough of their hatred and envy toward's male body" Oh come on now? Really you cannot be saying this in any sort of a serious way. I and every women I know ar feminist - 2 generations + and we don't envy the male body we quite like to look at it and admire it as men like to look at and admire the female body but we don't have penis envy any more than men have a clitoral or vaginal envy - or indeed birth envy, wich might explain why onstetrics and gynaecology are predominantly male preserves.

1 Posts

Richy  ·  26 Sep 2008
I think the truth is, men and women are much more similiar than any of them is ready to admit.
I also think that lots of young men today have great complexes and problems with their masculinity. Of course everything has its own reasons.

Masculinity has always been associated with strengh, protection, competativeness, roughness, stoic attitude etc.
A strange fact regarding, that practically the whole love poetry was written by males ? As well as tantra, kama sutra and japanese love teachings.

These qualities were historically neglected and negated leaving a modern image of male as a sperm can, since there are milliards of men, just a worthless sperm can.

Male life has never been regarded as high as female in western societies. Men were recruited by force, sent into battle and slaughtered. Any war is a mass murder on male population, so irrelavant, there are only "xyz women and children dead"in news.

But at least as modern sperm cans males could find themselfs a "positive" image. Their inability to give birth lead to total dependence from the female part, which could wrap them around the finger.

I think its obvious how fragile men are. Most of them have great inferiority complexes, so they use their full energy to make something "worthful" of themselves, a psychological compensation.
Idiotic questions about facts la "why do so much more men end by suicide ?" shouldn't even be answered, it's too obvious.
Any human is a mirror of things which were done to him in his life.

Do you think murderers and robbers do this from happy life ?
Saddam Hussein for example, everyone marks him as mass murderer, terrorist, criminal etc. but no one ever read his biography. He grew up near Tikrit - a slaughteryard in racial and social issues. He was beaten and humilated daily. Why shouldn't he had given the world all his pain back ?

Times haven't changed so far, just terms for same processes. Hell lot of women still think men love to "hunt" females and court for them. Although even little intelligence realises that any man with self respect and education would never "court" in front of somebody.

@ all psychology newbies outside:
please don't say anything about Freud. His concept of "penis envy" is psychologically proven. Since 80% of his works are still a state secret of the US you can't be sure that he never defined something like "birth envy".

Feminists bashed the penis intensivly and with enthusiasm, that's proof enough of their hatred and envy toward's male body.

3 Posts

---  ·  07 Apr 2008
PRafter, he indeed can be both. Freud began a school of study; that does not necessarily make him credible. And many of his findings were proven incorrect, yet that does not make him entirely incredible. Science, or psychological study to be exact, is a variable thing. Furthermore, I have observed 'ovary envy' so far as much as I have observed 'penis envy', as men feel inferior in the light they can not be impregnated.

I find it a curious thing that men, when confronted with intellectual threat, or suggestion of male inferiority, often claim the female is crazy, stupid, or envious. A curious and telling reaction indeed..

1 Posts

mollymop  ·  07 Jan 2008
Hi, Can anybody help, I am looking for info for sperm donation in ireland. i am gay and with my partner 6 years need help

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  10 May 2007
(sigh!) I wish you'd make up your mind about Freud, Anon; either he's a cornerstone of psychiatric science or a voluble crackpot---he can't simultaneously be both!
Thank you

Anonymous  ·  10 May 2007
And re-hashing pet theories (for that is all it was) long disproven does not revive them P. Reducing Freud, many of his theories havign been disproves, is no long the the giant in psychiatry he once was - tho' no one is callign him a crackpot either.
That is interesting - and which sexual peccadillos are these?
Incidentally, you shoudl find openness about sexuality at all painful (at least not in civilised society anyway)

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  10 May 2007
Pouring scorn on facts one finds awkward won't wish them away, Anonymous.
Reducing Freud, the giant in psychiatry, to the status of mere crackpot won't wash either.
Indeed, your recent posts provide virtual confirmation that men are still that bit more open(ouch!)about their sexual peccadillos than women are.
Thank you

Anonymous  ·  09 May 2007
I typed the phrase "Not one." only once and you interpret it in a Shakesperean manner. A little paranoia perhaps?
Many of Freud's theories, particularly in the areas of developmental psych and female sexuality have been long since disproven.
Clitoral funciton contributing to marital dysharmony, female sexuality being a "dark continent", boys wanting to kill their fathers in order to marry their mothers?
Aw come on now?
Do you have even a shred of evidence to suggest that "penis-envy" is contained wthing a woman's psyche?
Certainly women are curious about male sexuality - just as men are curious about female sexuality.
That is perfectly healthy to me and entirely unrelated to envy.

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  09 May 2007
"Not one" Anonymous?
Thou dost protesteth too much, methinks!
I don't believe Freud was given to making things up, or that continued defensive denial can be said to disprove a theory.
A woman's refusal to admit to, or failure to believe the existence of penis-envy signifies little here.
I'm not suggesting women are consumed by, or are preoccupied with it, but it is contained, to some degree, within the female psyche. It has to do with "visibility" perhaps, since the male genitalia is normally outside the body.
Thank you

Anonymous  ·  08 May 2007
Ah now, P Rafter, you don't really believe all that long disproven Freudian baloney.
I dn't know one woman that envies a man his sexual organs. Not one.

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  08 May 2007
It seems to me, Natalie, you're blowing out of proportion what is essentially a useless, though, interesting, biological "lab. curiosity". 'Think I get the unmistakable whiff, if you'll pardon the pun, of penis-envy. Interestingly, men don't appear to envy women *their* sexual organs.
Thank you

Rob, you think that the Bible has been translated and mistranslated over the years, so that people have a better understanding of the Gospel?? Rather than to suit the political climate and theocratical whims of the time?
How naive.
Before the 1970's homosexulaity was not considered anything. It simply existed. Homosexual behaviour was considered indecent sexual behavour - by the law perhaps but it wasn't considered to be anything by thre bible becuase it simply didn't exist in the bible.

God created Adam and Eve? Don't tell me you really beleive that parable? Then you say "Times are coming to end" Doom, gloom and brimstome. It just gets funnier tho' when you mention about others keping an open mind.
You selectively pass judgement on 10% of the population and then talk about open-mindedness.

My sins? Which sins? Don't you commit all these sins too Rob?

Yes cures for aid and cancer are very important and already being researced - but a cure for the hundreds of diferent variations of common cold? Come off it.
Equally solutions for infertility are also important.

1 Posts

Natalie Das  ·  08 May 2007
If women could create sperm alone, the offspring would not only be xxxx. it could be xxxy also. but eventually when women stop breeding with men and only women are breeding with women...all offspring will be xxxx, therefore, men need to keep electing male presidents and keep women out of art history and main history books. This will solve men's lack of ability to handle the future....because MEN...you can't handle this! ha

Anonymous and PRafter:

Any Christian knows that the New Testament also says that indecent sexual behaviour is also sin....
I can guarantee you this, you will both have to answer for your sins at some point in the future...
The coming of Jesus Christ is nothing I considered funny and I am only trying to let you understand this....

I hope that every reader will also realize this... Instead of finding ways for science to discover how a woman can produce sperm.. How about spending that time to find cures for other illness, for example, cold, aids, cancer... OOOHHH yes.. they haven't found one..... God will only let men go in research as much as He wants...

You have a blessed day and I hope that at least I touched one soul out there...

Amen.

6 Posts

Rob  ·  08 May 2007
Hello knipex. I accept that the Bible has been translated over the years, so that people have a better understanding of the Gospel. The context of the writing is still the same.. Correct, homosexuality may have been started to be written after the 70's but before that it was considered indecent sexual behavior.. God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve...... That was the main reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Keep in mind that the Bible was indeed written over 1000 of years ago. During all it's translations the root meaning is still there... Times are coming to an end and if we don't follow the word of God there will be a price to pay..... It doesn't matter how many women will be able to produce sperm.. that is if God allows it to go that far.....I hope that you will also have an open mind and understand my reasoning.. Jesus loves you and I want you as much as every reader to understand that....Be safe and may God bless you.

2 Posts

gemma (FLI61073)  ·  03 May 2007
I apologise if i have distressed robn with my sinful ways-but i have a strong faith in god-faith in him enough that he created me as he created the rest of the world-which means he made me of who i am.god loves a sinner hates a sin.and if you are a christian-why are u involvong yourself in such a debate where many christians believe that these sort of fertility treatments are humans trying to play god? no disrespect meant.

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  02 May 2007
Thanks for the plug, Anon; you're right, Rob's twelfth century rhetoric is obviously intended as a wind-up. He should try it out on the stand-up circuit!
Thank you

Anonymous  ·  02 May 2007
Anonymous here. Rob, you are incorrect. Christians are commanded to follow the new testament.

I have read your second post with it's attempt at narrow minded condescension and realise P Rafter is right.
It is all some kind of big joke of yours.

Well done. Very funny

41 Posts

mike  ·  02 May 2007
Rob, As you are allowed to hold your individual beliefs in this Democratic State so others have the right to hold their own and are entitled to express them without fear of being threatened with eternal damnation. Please!! remember this a scientific discussion on the practicality of stimulating human females to produce sperm.

282 Posts

knipex  ·  02 May 2007
Rob

I am hoping htat you can at least open you mind for 10 seconds.

The Bible was written thousands of years ago. It has been hand copied and translated many many times since them. It has been added to and parts removed from over the years.

Do you accept this ??

There was no mention of homosexuality in the bible untill the 1970's so the bible was infact added to at that time.

Do you accept this ??

If you compare the oldest copy of the bible available (in its origional language not in translation) it is vastly different to the St James bible in use today.

Which one is the correct one ?? Or do you beleive that the bible has changed over the years to adapt to modern life.

6 Posts

Rob  ·  02 May 2007
Hello PRafter
If you really want to know the alternative, I invite you to read the book of Revelations in the Bible. I respect your decision to be an atheist but there is a God an we will all have to answer to Him at some point in the future.
I will pray for you and your family.

have a blessed day.

6 Posts

Rob  ·  02 May 2007
First comment for Anonymous: Obviously you are not a Christian... Let it be old or new testament it is still the word of God...The writers were picked by God and the Holy Spirit guided the writers. If you have time read the following verse: 1 Corinthians 6:9
Have a blessed day.

282 Posts

knipex  ·  27 Apr 2007
Oh grow up the lot of you.

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  27 Apr 2007
Rob, as an atheist, I keep telling myself the comments above are intended as some kind of joke; the alternative certainly doesn't bear thinking about.
Thank you.

Anonymous  ·  27 Apr 2007
Rob, what are you talking about - would you ever get your head out of the clouds (or some place else).
You are quoting some book, written eons ago by writers unknown that has been translated mistranlated and had bits added and removed according to what suits the political climate at the time.

Besides, as any Chistian will tell you, they are commanded to follow the new testament, not the blood and brimstone of the the old testament.

6 Posts

Rob (QLD49385)  ·  26 Apr 2007
Message for Equality Soldier... true the Bible may have started adding homosexuality after the 70s.. but the Bible still states that it is detestable....DO NOT LOOK FOR EXCUSES.. SIN IS SIN...

Leviticus 20:13 (King James Version)
13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

41 Posts

mike  ·  17 Apr 2007
Fifi's Premise that a world dominated by women, 12/7/2006 would be less violent does not come reasonably close to reality, Why? well women are human with the all the traits that flow from that. If i may add, scientific research proves that it is possible to incubate the fertilised eggs of humans too in an artifical womb

2 Posts

ghothips  ·  17 Apr 2007
hey i am a lesbian who is getting married next year-my partner and i are desperate to have children which are our own-i really want to find out more about this-and how many years it will be before it is available?any ideas?also men will never be extince because unless the whole worl of women turned lesbian its doubtful women will all opt for this way-after all the natural way is more fun!

Anonymous  ·  16 Apr 2007
Saw on the the metro (north Dublin freesheet) that scientists can now make sperm in a lab!
Didn't read the article but my (male) colleague who showed it to me looked rather worried!!!

Anonymous  ·  16 Apr 2007
Sure, anyone can provide a sperm and an egg but it takes one hell of a lot more than that to make a parent, regardles of gender.
Scientists have been creating life in IVF technology for years now. What matters is not how sperm and eggs are produces but what happens to them should they grow into children.

236 Posts

P (PRafter)  ·  14 Apr 2007
Some guy with a girly name and an aversion to milk told everyone, midpage, that he needs a hangover in order to wake with an erection; if I ever wake up without an erection, I won't be telling all and sundry; my wife will know, obviously, but I don't think she'll want to broadcast it either. 'Could be an age thing, but he should get it checked out anyway.
Thank you

1 Posts

Mike  ·  13 Apr 2007
This is absurd. Scientist have been wrong so many times over that it's funny. It's the same way God always intended it to be; Male and Female produce.

Anonymous  ·  12 Apr 2007
No business at all.
As logn as chilkdren are loved & looked after, it's none of anyones business except the parens in question.

1 Posts

Kate  ·  12 Apr 2007
Alright, here's a question for you guys /and/ straight women--why the hell is it any of your damn business if science develops a way for lesbian women to have children with each other?

I suggest caution in answering if you'd like to avoid a thorough ranting, as I do in fact have..."personal experience relating to the matter at hand".

Anonymous  ·  24 Aug 2006
No Laurel, why don't you post something yourself and see if you can make us laugh?

39 Posts

Laural  ·  24 Aug 2006
This is becoming comical!! Go on, make me laugh some more. That was Hardy enough now was it?

Anonymous  ·  24 Aug 2006
Well the words per cent mean - out of a hundred. Therefore the highest percentage you can haave mathematically is 100%.
Yes I am utterly and completely female. Why on earth would anyome say otherwise if it weren't so??
Really, it's funny but I feel more comfortable talking to a woman about this kind of thing. I guess becuase I know we work the same way and have all the same parts so to speak. I di think tho' that getting a male perspective on it is very interesting as I don't have many male friends.

If you mean the high winds, strong currents and rip tides are very strong at the moment in the sexual sense, then why would you need to be on your guard? I would have thought that it would have been very enjoyable.

If you mean it quite literally in terms of surfing or sailing then I would definitely advise anyone not to surf under those kind of sea and weather conditions.

Anonymous  ·  23 Aug 2006
I would be very interested in knowing what kind of foods would make a person feel an orgasm more. I know that fruit is one of them and pears are one of my favorites at the moment.

1,882 Posts

Charlotte (MBM29174)  ·  23 Aug 2006
You needn't see colors with your physical eyes but you need to at least imagine that they are there. Colour I think is very important so yes I would be inclined to play with them a lot.
I don't know about using a 100% figure for truth anymore. I think we need to double that figure so I'm still not certain whether you are telling me the truth.
Personally on this particular subject I would prefer to communicate with a male. I don't feel comfortable talking with a woman but I don't want to insult you.
I think the high winds, strong currents and rip tides are very strong at the moment. In fact they are unbelievably so! One has to be on one's guard all the time but I am coping.
I am 200% female. Does that answer your question?

Write a comment...