Medical Q&As

Abnormal penis

I am a 23 years old male and when I have a full erection my penis is shaped like an arch. It is not severely arched and I have a great sex life but I thought most erections point slightly upwards. Am I abnormal and if so can it be corrected?

It is not unusual for the erect penis to have a slight curve. You are not abnormal and I see no reason for you to even consider having the curve eliminated. You say that your sex life is great therefore your reproductive system is clearly functioning normally and you are enjoying sex. There would no justification for attempting surgical correction of the curve in your penis. Given the fact that it is not possible to operate on tissues without leaving a scar I donít see the benefit to you. You would simply have traded a curve for a scar and maybe the scar would be sensitive. Leave well enough alone. You are normal.