Medical Q&As


I am 21 and have had chronic kidney infections, thrush and now vaginal spasms, which I believe to be vulvodynia. Do you know of any doctors or specialists who have any knowledge in this area as I have already been to many gynacologists who have basically no knowledge of vulvodynia? Your help would be greatly appreciated, as it is quite painful.

Vulvodynia is defined as chronic vulvar discomfort or pain, especially characterised by complaints of burning, stinging, irritation or rawness of the female genitalia. Vulvodynia can have a serious impact on the sufferer’s quality of life and can seriously affect daily functioning. The condition can also have a serious impact on one’s sex life. There is a web site devoted to this topic, which you might like to consult; It contains a great deal of information and several practical self-help tips.