Medical Q&As

Eating disorders

Where can one receive help for eating disorders? Are there certain GPs who specialise in helping sufferers?

The GP would be a useful first point of contact in helping with an eating disorder. Some GPs do have a special interest in eating disorders just as some would have a particular interest in allergies, back problems or women's health. Although GPs are generalists some have particular special interests. However, any GP would be in a position to assist you. If you use the search facility on our site you will find a great deal of information on anorexia and bulimia. You will also find information on eating disorders under the heading "patient support groups".