Medical Q&As

Erection - can't ejaculate?

I have been with my partner for the past eight years. He is able to get and maintain an erection but he is unable to climax. What can we do?

It would be a reasonable first step for your partner to visit his GP in order to be physically examined. It is important that it be established that his genitalia are normal. There are also a number of important questions to be considered such as his level of alcohol consumption and whether or not he has been taking medication long term. His previous medical history could also be relevant. Having established these basic facts further options are available to you including counselling or perhaps sex therapy. His GP could address the medical issues and refer on for further management. Some GPs have a particular interest in sexual difficulties so help may be more immediately available to you than you think.