Three more people with COVID-19 have died in the Republic.
One death that was previously classed as COVID-related has been denotified, bringing the total number of deaths here to 1,738.
According to the Department of Health's chief medical officer, Dr Tony Holohan, the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that the global pandemic is accelerating, with over 160,000 cases reported every day over the last week.
To this end, the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) continues to advise against all non-essential travel, he said.
"NPHET will meet again tomorrow (July 2) as it continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 nationally and internationally, and review Ireland's response and preparedness to the disease," Dr Holohan added.
According to Dr Ronan Glynn, the department's deputy chief medical officer, during the month of June, a total of 31 cases of COVID-19 in Ireland were associated with travel.
"The balance of keeping the disease suppressed in Ireland will continue to be challenging as society and business reopens," he said.
Phase 3 of the easing of COVID restrictions is now in place. For more on this, click here.
Discussions on this topic are now closed.